30 minute chicken

• Official Post

When needing to feed a few friends who decided to come for lunch and stay for dinner :) , I grabbed a marinated and butterflied chicken from the fridge and fired up the Weber Q. A set of Grill Grates (check them on Youtube) helps greatly so after the Weber was set to full and allowed about 20 minutes to heat up, the chicken went in. It sizzles and smokes which impressed everyone and was flipped over after 15 minutes. After just over 30 minutes it was done. The temperature of the meat was between 71 and 74c in most places (using a Maverick PT100) and there were lovely grill marks to be seen. We rested it for about 10 minutes under some foil and it was devoured with some left over salad. A quick and very tasty BBQ meal.

Big Green Egg - aSmoke Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller

• Official Post

Looks really good Gumb!...better than a lot of charcoal chicken!

I love my Grill Grates, the sear mark they give is fantastic and the IR heat they put out cooks fast!! I use a set at home and a set at BBQ School! I take mine in my suitcase when I go on holiday, I can cook a great steak on any crappy BBQ I come across!

Here is the Youtube Video:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Official Post

Thanks UG, I think some might say using Grill Gates in a Weber Q isn't necessary and I originally got them for the kamado. But they save having to brush down the Weber grill so i'm not so paranoid about brushing off the coating and getting it rusty, plus the IR heat does help a lot as you said, without the risk of flare ups. I just think they are a great addition to any BBQ.

Big Green Egg - aSmoke Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller

• When needing to feed a few friends who decided to come for lunch and stay for dinner :) , I grabbed a marinated and butterflied chicken from the fridge and fired up the Weber Q. A set of Grill Grates (check them on Youtube) helps greatly so after the Weber was set to full and allowed about 20 minutes to heat up, the chicken went in. It sizzles and smokes which impressed everyone and was flipped over after 15 minutes. After just over 30 minutes it was done. The temperature of the meat was between 71 and 74c in most places (using a Maverick PT100) and there were lovely grill marks to be seen. We rested it for about 10 minutes under some foil and it was devoured with some left over salad. A quick and very tasty BBQ meal.

I've always split these from the back, and have been very happy how evenly they cook (especially the protected breast) many moons ago I consulted YouTube and that was how it was. Is there a benefit splitting through the breast bone like that? I would usually cut the backbone out with scissors then split and remove the breast cartridge.
    Twice this week I've seen this so you have me thinking I may be doing it wrong.

• Official Post

We bought that one pre split from the local butcher but it's the way I do it if I need to. I'm not sure if one is better than that other and hey, it's cooking, there's no right or wrong, just different ways. ^^

• Hi Gumb,

Which Weber Q? Do you sit them on the existing grill? Haven't got a pic have you?

Wazza

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• Official Post

It's a Weber Q220, the middle size of the range.

This set of grill grates was bought for the kamado but they fit perfectly in the 220

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!