The Wheels Thread, are you into cars and bikes?

• Since I can't seem to find any old pics of the bombs I used to drive many years ago, here's the new toy I bought this year.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• Used to do enduros but have to take my hat off to trial riders for there control, some of those guys are amazing.

Haven't ridden Trials for many years but maybe I'll join the Greybeard Class one day! I watch it on ESPN sometimes....the new guys coming up are outstanding!!!

• Since I can't seem to find any old pics of the bombs I used to drive many years ago, here's the new toy I bought this year.

Did that one come with the rear diff lock?

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• Certainly did. I'm in nthe process of adding new suspension, (OME) and probably a long range tank. It's had a Safari snorkel and UHF radio fitted since that photo was taken.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• For some strange reason when you engage the diff lock it disables traction control, which really makes no sense at all. My brother put a switch in the centre console which can disable the disabling of traction control. Diff lock on the rear and traction control on the front, he can basically go anywhere now. Great car, they have been out for so long now all the bugs have been ironed out of them, they are bullet proof.

My poor old 2001 NM Paj is getting pretty tired now.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• I was told traction control on off road terrain is not a good idea. Not sure where I got that from though. Are you on the Paj forum too ?

• No not on the Paj forum. Just occasionally when I need some info on how to fix something.

Traction control is brilliant for off road. Who ever said that has clearly not used it off road. If you get two of your diagonally opposite wheel in the air you are going nowhere as the diff will send all the drive to the wheels that are in the air - unless you have traction control. The computer senses the wheels are just spinning, so applies the brake to those two wheels which then forces drive to the two wheels which are on the ground and you continue to drive out of the hole.

Did the power line track recently with a couple of mates, me in my older Paj, one in a Prado and the other in a Disco 4 with traction control. Up one hill I remember me and the Prado flinging rocks and sliding around all over the place, the Disco just calmly and smoothly drove up the hill. You Paj with traction control would be the same.

• Thanks mate. I think I've got a steep learning curve to navigate. It's my first off road car truck and am doing a training course as required by the 4WD club early next year.

• Wow Bentley, the CR125 Elsinore! Great paddock bike!!! had some fun on them! My cousin had the 250, it had a power band that'd put the crossbar in your teeth if you were not careful!
    I had the XL350 with a sidecar frame and track to take my Yam to trials meets! I'll see if my dad has any pics of that rig!

• I have mates who rebuild classic dirt bikes, one has an Elsinore as well as a 82, 84 Cr250 I was the test dummy before the Yz465 incident...
    Another likes his old Yami's 78 YZ250, 80 Yz250 and a 78 YZ400. They can keep the big bores, the over run catches me every time :D
    The 465 is an animal! It's the only of them that's quicker than the KX but try stall one out when the throttle jams. That thing tried to flip me at 100kph ish. Pulled it up, kill switch won't work at those revs, pushing through both brakes on top gear... Turn the fuel tap off and wait. Never touched a classic bike since.

I'll try find some pics

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!