Samba vs Char-griller lump charcoal

• Official Post

What have Wayne Carey's testicles got to do with this ?(

(Sorry, if you don't follow AFL, disregard the above)

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• Official Post

Never mind then.....I'll just move on. People from this side of the dirt will get it. :)

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• Official Post

No, he's a product of WA so we understand his issues.

• yeah @Gumb I do all my buzzards that way now. Much better results for BBqing.

Jumbuck 7 burner with hood. Baby Weber kettle. 52" Kettle. Weber Go Anywhere. 5' SS Spit rotisserie. Offset smoker. Akorn Kamado. :) ASMOKE AS500N. Hibachi.:bbq:

• Thought I would update this thread a little.

I have run out of Firebrand which I use mostly. My previous supplier was 5 minutes away and I used to get a 10kg bag but I went yesterday and now they only have the 5kg bags and it’s pricey. Hmmm ok will try something else.

Have used Gidgee before and wasn’t impressed with the fines left in the bottom of the bag as cjbfisher pointed out in a charcoal post previously.

I was at the Big green shed so said hmmm what’s this stuff like ?

Open phone and Google review and first link that comes up is this one. Great news as I can trust the guys in here.

Well Chargriller Lump is no longer Eucalyptus it’s now Longan probably sourced from Vietnam.

http://chargrilleraustralia.co…od-char-griller-charcoal/

https://vinachaki.com/products/longan-charcoal.html

Thought what the hell give it a go 10kg is $29.95 over the $2 a kg recommended by Gumb but it’s eco friendly. ok I believed the marketing.

Grabbed a box from top of stack as boxes at the bottom looked a little crushed.

Opened as I store my charcoal and pellets in some airtight containers generally. I know I don’t need to but that’s what I do.

Nice big pieces which is ok in the XL.

Next to no fines either.

So far so good.

Will cook with it and come back with more thoughts.

I have some roboturds anyway if it is not great I will just mix it in which is pretty much what I was doing with the Firebrand.

Enjoy your "Q"
    James

Primo XL, Primo Jr, GMG Davy Crockett, Char-Broil Grill2go and Ziggy Portable.

• So have had a couple of cooks with this stuff.

Specifically in the Primo XL.

Great big pieces and smells great IMO.

A bit sparky when it starts with just a starter cube.

Burns well though and I am happy with it.

Enjoy your "Q"
    James

Primo XL, Primo Jr, GMG Davy Crockett, Char-Broil Grill2go and Ziggy Portable.

• Was just wondering if anyone uses the lump Charcoal under the Big Green Egg branding. Their bags are huge but pricey, around the $50 mark but it'd be made from American wood So I'm wondering if they are in general big chunky pieces or a lot of small stuff because they're going in a Komado type cooker and have no real grates to fall through. I've never seen the charcoal that has come out of these bags. Do they burn hot n fast or nice and slow? Would the charcoal suit a Kettle or WSM type cooker and would it be false economy? I'd be prepared to buy a big bag full of the BGE Charcoal if it was to last a fair while.

Weber Performer (Sage) Weber Jumbo Joe (Black) Weber Master Touch Plus (Deep Ocean Blue)

• Was just wondering if anyone uses the lump Charcoal under the Big Green Egg branding. Their bags are huge but pricey, around the $50 mark but it'd be made from American wood So I'm wondering if they are in general big chunky pieces or a lot of small stuff because they're going in a Komado type cooker and have no real grates to fall through. I've never seen the charcoal that has come out of these bags. Do they burn hot n fast or nice and slow? Would the charcoal suit a Kettle or WSM type cooker and would it be false economy? I'd be prepared to buy a big bag full of the BGE Charcoal if it was to last a fair while.

Pretty sure they are only 10KG bags - the charcoal is very light. Big bad not weighty

Never used it but seen it in the shop.

Never enough BBQ

Primo XL, Imperial Kamado, Pro Smoke Offest, Pot belly stove, Flaming coals Spit , Jumbuck 'Rondo' Med spit, Webber Kettles, Small SS battery spit , 5 Burner beefmaster, gasmate portable bbq,

• I've never used it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!