• Fox is an absolute legend of the sport !

Will Go down as one of our best ever 🏆

Never enough BBQ

Primo XL, Imperial Kamado, Pro Smoke Offest, Pot belly stove, Flaming coals Spit , Jumbuck 'Rondo' Med spit, Webber Kettles, Small SS battery spit , 5 Burner beefmaster, gasmate portable bbq,

• Official Post

What a shame about the earlier one she missed. She was 7 seconds faster than the rest but just snicked that last post and that cost her gold, even with the first penalty included, she had time to spare.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• Anyone else noticed the annoying horn blasting away during the swimming ?

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• Ok, given this is the sports thread and the Olympics is a hot topic, I want to give a shout out to a guy who will be competing at his first Olympics, and gave up a heap of his time off to help coach the next generation last summer.

Matthew Richardson.

Matt is 22 and is the current Australian sprint champion in track cycling. We in Perth late last year got to witness Shane Perkins and Matt Richardson go up against each other at the State Championships. In the sprint, or flying 200m, Shane went first and broke the record for our velodrome, that record lasted a couple of minutes till Matt went next and broke it again.

I'd watched this event at many Olympics and Commonwealth Games, but when you sit in the stands just 20m from these guys and they are doing circa 70km/h around that last bend and you get that WTF moment, you get to fully appreciate the sport, it's bloody nuts.

Anyway, I've stayed away from posts that involve my family and my kids, but will put one in here as a shout out to Matt and give you lot someone to go for specifically at this Olympics. A couple of my boys were placed in a track cycling programme, it was pretty intensive and aimed to get a bunch of kids up to State and potentially National Championship standard in just a few months.

During the summer Matt had some time off, remembering these guys and gals get very little time off, their training is full on. He was back home here is Perth and came down to the Velodrome for quite a number of sessions to help coach these kids. He wasn't paid, he wasn't told to coach by any governing body, he chose to donate his rare free time. It was some of the best coaching sessions these kids got, including Matt getting on a bike and making the kids follow him to learn the racing lines etc.

Matt is a bloody champion, and a great coach and role model for the next generation, please keep an eye out for him next week in Toyko.

Anyway, one of my boys next to him. Those thighs.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

Edited once, last by Wazza (July 30, 2021 at 1:57 AM).

• Sport is an interesting thing that grounds you as a contestant.

1 week you win Wimbledon next week you lose all three disciplines at the Olympics.

Still a legend Ash Barty :clap:

Enjoy your "Q"
    James

Primo XL, GMG Davy Crockett, Char-Broil Grill2go, Akorn Jr and Weber Baby Q.

• Sport is an interesting thing that grounds you as a contestant.

1 week you win Wimbledon next week you lose all three disciplines at the Olympics.

Still a legend Ash Barty :clap:

Actually can't argue with anything you have said, and think you are spot on. It's the ultimate 'you are only as good as your last game'.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• I really can't see the point in some sports being part of the olympics and tennis is one. They have their world championship every year at Wimbeldon. Same with golf. Ask any golfer if they'd prefer to win the Masters at Augusta or an olympic gold medal. The answer is not even in question.

• I can’t remember who said this but they made a good point.

They said if winning an Olympic medal isn’t the pinnacle of your sport then it shouldn’t be in the Olympics.

I agree.

weber performer, weber compact with gas conversion, napoleon rodeo, pro q 20", PBC, ziggy portable, ozpig with rotisserie, pro smoke offset, pit boss mini kamado, asmoke portable, master built 560.

• I can’t remember who said this but they made a good point.

They said if winning an Olympic medal isn’t the pinnacle of your sport then it shouldn’t be in the Olympics.

I agree.

That was me, and I still standby it. Golf out, tennis out, soccer in the men's is a bloody under 23 comp, that's seriously not taking it seriously.

I would have said basketball out until I heard Luke Longley say the other day he would trade his NBA rings for an Olympic gold medal. Not sure if that is the general consensus though.

On soccer, I wonder if woman's soccer stays in? Hockey it's definitely the pinnacle and I've held an Olympic medal won in hockey, not mine obviously but a team mate back in the day at club level.

Now can someone please explain to me why 3 on 3 basketball is in there?

• I do not really follow the Olympics...I read an article a day or so ago about a US woman's swimmer that was upset that American competitors looked down on any medal that was not gold as it is just not the same. As a sports competitor on a much smaller scale 40+ years ago I can accept that mentality, but I can't understand it!

"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

• soccer in the men's is a bloody under 23 comp,

Each team is allowed three over aged players at the tournament, the problem is, world football is that schedule heavy that a lot of the time even the "stars" can't take part.

I know Liverpool refused to release Mo Salah and Takumi Minamino to take part in the Olympics given the Premier League season starts in less than two weeks and many players haven't had a proper break over the last two seasons thanks to the rona playing havoc with domestic and international fixtures.

• the problem is, world football is that schedule heavy that a lot of the time even the "stars" can't take part.

Hence my point, it's not the pinnacle of the sport, so shouldn't be at the Olympics, in my opinion.

• Hence my point, it's not the pinnacle of the sport, so shouldn't be at the Olympics, in my opinion.

I think the IOC feels like they need these sports to help boost viewer numbers which in turn increases sponsorship.

In saying that though, other than a few judo matches and some football highlights, my care factor for the Olympics this year is at an all time low... perhaps it's partly down to the missing crowds.

• i have actually enjoyed it without the crowds. I cant deal with the manufactured crowd noise though.

I like how when its quiet you can hear the players talking to each other etc....

I do feel sorry for Japan as they are not getting any home ground advantage.

Enjoy your "Q"
    James

• i have actually enjoyed it without the crowds. I cant deal with the manufactured crowd noise though.

I like how when its quiet you can hear the players talking to each other etc....

I do feel sorry for Japan as they are not getting any home ground advantage.

It's probably even tougher for the Japanese athletes knowing that the majority of the Japanese public are strongly against the games even being held.

• Bloody hell, snapped a handle bar on the track bike and face planted at 60+ km/h. That has go to hurt.

• How good was that guy on the BMX ! Bloody hell, that's a wild ride.

• Wazza yeah wow did you see the burn marks all over him ?

He was pretty lucky just to only have that as an injury. You can see what so many of them break collar bones.

SilentBoB what is the publics reasoning behind not holding the games ? Haven't heard the other side of the coin in the media. Is it COVID concerns ???? :dunno:

Enjoy your "Q"
    James

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!