Hector Asado, Latin Bar and Grill – A project

• Hi

This is an interesting story and certainly raises issues that would help anyone wanting to go down this track. I look forward to following this and seeing the eventual menu.

TA

Grant from Grass Valley

Weber Magnum, Old Weber Kettle, Weber Kettle with gas fitting, Weber Q320, Weber Go Anywhere, Akorn, Giotto ECM[size=12]

• Yep. I gotta agree. I reckon it's going to be a worthwhile trip down to the ACT to visit this "establishment".

Very effin UDS, GMG Daniel Boone Prime

• Holy SH### Look at the size of that Cleaver!

Jumbuck 7 burner with hood. Baby Weber kettle. 52" Kettle. Weber Go Anywhere. 5' SS Spit rotisserie. Offset smoker. Akorn Kamado. :) ASMOKE AS500N. Hibachi.:bbq:

• Quick update.
    Made 250 ish empanadas on the weekend. I found that the veg prep machine is crap at dicing, the principal reason I bought it.

I also found that my fridges are too small to contain the product as I am buying and prepping, but that's not the worst thing. The ambient temperature is too high to maintain a constant cold fridge temperature and I had to throw away 10kg of chicken wings and my chorizo! Insert sad face here.
    ;(

I need a commercial tropical rated fridge urgently. I didn't expect or budget for that.

On a brighter note, I picked up a 2009 Holden Colorado and a canopy as a tow/publicly vehicle. The plan is to do a full vinyl wrap which is going to cost over half the cost of the car.

The final spec for the trailer is agreed. Flat trailer, dual axle, electric brakes, a metre longer than before. I have a handy mate who is going to fit walls and roof, boxed in generator, cool room and Traeger 075, drawers and storage. I still need access to a commercial kitchen though.

Progress in a one forward two back sort of a way

• What fridge do you have? Maybe you need a few camping Waeco fridges? They are designed to be used outdoors and I have loaded mine up big time and have been amazed at how well and quickly the temp comes down.

Oh, the upright waeco fridges for caravans don't seem to have the grunt the chest camping fridges do.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• Wow, you wouldn't imagine the fridge to become an issue! How much are the commercial ones?

It's about $1800 for a 600 litre that will operate in 43c ambient. The normal ambient temperature is 32c for commercial fridge.

What fridge do you have? Maybe you need a few camping Waeco fridges? They are designed to be used outdoors and I have loaded mine up big time and have been amazed at how well and quickly the temp comes down.

Oh, the upright waeco fridges for caravans don't seem to have the grunt the chest camping fridges do.

it's volume I need too. They need to have the capacity to hold meat tubs and gastronorm style containers

• Or normal commercial fridge in an air-conditioned space...are you looking to put it in the trailer?

It is for deliveries and a prep fridge which sits on our deck. It's now temporarily inside and indeed as you say, get a normal commercial fridge for $600 and make it permanently inside . We rarely use that laundry door ^^

• Hey Hector! Was wondering how ya go about copywriting a buisness name, did you have to jump through many hoops?

Cheers ay as I reckon I got meself a ripper for 4-5 festivals a year

Pro Smoke offset

Heeler Tejas Q

• Not sure about WA but in Vic you just fill in the online registration form and they'll approve it or not, depending on if it conflicts with one already registered. For instance, I couldn't register KFC Chicken Shop but I'm sure Gumb's Chooks would fly. :)

Big Green Egg - aSmoke Grill - Weber Kettle - GMG Davy Crockett - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller

• Gracias mate, I'm a dodgy operator so I might see if I can operate under the radar (as long as I dont kill somebody :shock: )

Should be right and hope to get me son into the game (hes working at subway)

Pro Smoke offset

Heeler Tejas Q

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!