Anysharp Pro knife sharpener - worlds best sharpener

• http://www.anysharp.com/products/world…nife-sharpener/

Bought this sharpener today to give a tonne of old blunt knives a new lease of life instead of throwing them in the bin. I know there will be sceptics here but some of the youtube clips i have seen look pretty good.

I have some quality knives and a steel which i also use so not really looking for advice or persuasion towards something else.

Might benefit someone. I will give my feedback later.

My possessions: GMG DB - Ziggy Triple

• I've got one which I bought at a market a couple of years ago. Not fantastic but sharpens my kitchen knives OK.I think it was $20

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• Like everything, there is a science to sharpening a knife. Some people take time to learn the science, others dont have time or cant be bothered to learn...

yeah this is true not everybody is interested in the art of knife sharpening, only that the knife is sharp. I use a steel and wet stone for my 2 good knives but happy to experiment with a $20 sharpener on a couple $20 costco knife sets.

I am a sucker for gadgets and gimmicks - some turn out good most dont.

The amount of metal the sharpener removes though is a little concerning.

My possessions: GMG DB - Ziggy Triple

• We had one of these in the Lunchbar, needed something anyone could use, kept our workhorse knives in OK condition.

yeah this is true not everybody is interested in the art of knife sharpening, only that the knife is sharp. I use a steel and wet stone for my 2 good knives but happy to experiment with a $20 sharpener on a couple $20 costco knife sets.

I am a sucker for gadgets and gimmicks - some turn out good most dont.

The amount of metal the sharpener removes though is a little concerning.

for me, there's a huge difference between sharpening work knives you buy by the box and expensive knives that you will hand on to your kids.

The former needs to be sharpened quickly and often, the latter should be sharpened perfectly and honed often. The mechanical sharpeners work by taking metal off and so the knife doesn't last long. But not a worry, it cost $40.

Sharpening on a wet shone, getting a progressively finer edge that's eventually polished on a strop, gives a superior edge and cut but who's got time for that? I do both dependant on the knife.

Never give your butcher your expensive knives to sharpen though. =O I confess that I'm lazy though and once a year I take mine to the Valley Forge in Tharwa and use a ceramic steel a dozen times a session for the rest of the year.

• I was gifted on of those some time ago. I tried to persist with it for a while before it went to the bin.
    I recon I'm lucky I found this guy..

Jumbuck 7 burner with hood. Baby Weber kettle. 52" Kettle. Weber Go Anywhere. 5' SS Spit rotisserie. Offset smoker. Akorn Kamado. :) ASMOKE AS500N. Hibachi.:bbq:

• I've got the Spiderco Tri-Sharpener and reckon it is great -

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

It sets the angle for you and as long as you can keep the blade straight, you will have a perfect 40 degree angle.

Have taken the bluntest of knife to a razor sharp edge that takes the hair off your arms.

HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommend.

• for me, there's a huge difference between sharpening work knives you buy by the box and expensive knives that you will hand on to your kids.

I treat all my knives the same. I use one of these. http://ezesharp.com.au/blade-sharpener/
    Being an ex beef boner, knife sharpening doesnt take long, and i still have my steels in mickey mouse condition, so that helps maintain the edge. Sharp enough to shave with when I'm done :D:D

Ziggy Twin Burner - GMG Daniel Boone - Hibachi

• Got one of these on order...Dunno how it'll go?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2722326290…K%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I like the idea of water and ceramic tho.

Will use the steel to finish her off.

I think one of the problems with that type is it cant get to the heel of the knife and will eventually make the blade uneven. Same with the big expensive electric ones.

Jumbuck 7 burner with hood. Baby Weber kettle. 52" Kettle. Weber Go Anywhere. 5' SS Spit rotisserie. Offset smoker. Akorn Kamado. :) ASMOKE AS500N. Hibachi.:bbq:

• Got one of these on order...Dunno how it'll go?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2722326290…K%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I like the idea of water and ceramic tho.

Will use the steel to finish her off.

I have one like that in a drawer here...it's crap.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• I have never been good at sharpening knives so I got to googling and ended up ordering a
    Work sharp knife and tool sharpener WSKTS. Anyone got one?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Just a heads up on the global jobby, only one of me knives has a heel that stops me using this sharpening tool (cheap woolies wiltshire santoku) done a quick sharp on me main prep knife yesty and I thought she was sharp but has come out straight razor sharp! Bloody near paper thin cut and I got 12 slices out of a cherry tomato....So, nah, not for sale no more ay :)

EDIT (See Captains post above for the heel that wont run through the stones and the silver handle knife that will)

Pro Smoke offset

Heeler Tejas Q

Edited once, last by lynchywa (February 5, 2017 at 7:17 PM).

• I AM VERY HAPPY WITH MY ANY SHARP! When it arrived and I saw how small it was I thought another piece of junk, but it works great, knives are sharper than ever before,my wifey says she is scared how sharp our knives are now :thumbup:

ProQ Excel Elite2o<---> Weber Kettle<---> AKORN KAMADO<--->  WEBER GO ANYWHERE

• Let's see how it is in a few months. Mine was much better when new than it is now.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!