Lamb rub suggestions?

• I've picked up a small butterflied lamb shoulder, which I would like to pull. Plan is to roll and tie it to give it a bit more thickness.
    Any suggestions for a rub?
    Also, what smoking wood to use? I have oak, apple and wattle at my immediate disposal, but happy to go shopping if something else would be more suitable.

Very effin UDS, GMG Daniel Boone Prime

• Personally I'd be going either European with rosemary, salt pepper, garlic, lemon, many more combos, or go middle eastern, cumin, garlic salt, pepper etc. Both work a treat.

What are you going to serve it with, that may answer your question. I've never tried wattle, but either of the first two will work well.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• I just use Salt and pepper on Lamb.

I like nice and simple. Probably why I enjoy my own company.

Personally I'd be going either European with rosemary, salt pepper, garlic, lemon, many more combos, or go middle eastern, cumin, garlic salt, pepper etc. Both work a treat.

What are you going to serve it with, that may answer your question. I've never tried wattle, but either of the first two will work well.

The European slant was where I was thinking of going, but is not locked in yet. Interested to hear other ideas.
    Sides haven't been decided yet. It may just be done for the meat to go on sandwiches, but if it is eaten on the day of the cook, it will probably just be roast veges.

Very effin UDS, GMG Daniel Boone Prime

• If doing roast veg you might want to consider sitting a baking dish below it to catch the juices, then you can make a super yummy smokey gravy.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• Any banksia will work well. Banksia is my personal favorite at the moment.

• Most of the time I keep it simple but a Greek marinade with Yoghurt and mint is very trasty, or yoghurt & curry. And requires attention whilst cooking to keep thing interesting while hanging onto your beer.
    Banksia Cones are my goto these days.

Looking forward to the pics. :D

Jumbuck 7 burner with hood. Baby Weber kettle. 52" Kettle. Weber Go Anywhere. 5' SS Spit rotisserie. Offset smoker. Akorn Kamado. :) ASMOKE AS500N. Hibachi.:bbq:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!