• I do both, pulled on rolls for an easy lunch or dinner and sliced when served as a main meal with all the veggies.

Don’t know if where the idea of doing pulled came from? I have watched a heap of the bbq shows on Foxtel.

weber performer, weber compact with gas conversion, napoleon rodeo, pro q 20", PBC, ziggy portable, ozpig with rotisserie, pro smoke offset, pit boss mini kamado, asmoke portable, master built 560.

• I prefer shoulder as being pulled instead of sliced as its just so easy to manage in terms of all the bones just come out clean and the you can have it on rolls or better still on pizza. :bbq:

Enjoy your "Q"
    James

Primo XL, GMG Davy Crockett, Char-Broil Grill2go, Akorn Jr and Weber Baby Q.

• I’m sorry, lamb roast just should be med rare, sliced and heavily salted on the plate. My mouth is now watering.

Are you talking leg roast instead of shoulder roast?

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• Was not sure if I should continue asking question on Cricket in that thread, so figured this was as goo a place as any.

So the cursory overview that youtube did was not as extensive as I thought. Wazza was explaining the definition of Test cricket.

I got confused regarding the Over. I have read that an Over consists of six consecutive legal deliveries from one end of the cricket pitch to the player batting. I guess I will just start asking questions. The guy with the stick, that is called a bat? He is a batter or Batsmen? Is it possible for him to be at bat for more then one over at a time? Or is it once the 6 deliveries have occurred, any more deliveries are part of that "Over"?

Probably will be more questions as I look at move video. The Game becomes more interesting when you understand it better.

"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

• Yes the guy with the stick has a Bat in his hand.

He is a batter or Batsman. The team has Batsmen. Batsmen being the plural of batter or Batsman.

He can be at Bat for as long as it takes to get him out.

At the end of an over (6 Legal deliveries) a bowler then bowls from the other end of the wicket to the batsman at the other end.

This means if there is no runs taken in an over. Which is what we call a “Maiden Over”. The Batsman at the other end will face the next over. There are two Batsmen on the field at any one time.

Enjoy your "Q"
    James

• Perhaps comparisons with baseball would help?

Imagine running in for a home run and then picking up your bat to face the next pitch. The batsman keeps attempting to score until the fielding team gets him out.

The ways for a batsman to get out are:

Being bowled, which is when the bowler hits the stumps with the ball (the stumps being the three timber posts which the batsman is defending).

Being caught, just like in baseball. However, unlike baseball, a lot of catches are taken by fielders behind the batsman. Good bowlers make the ball move sideways through the air (known as swing) or make it change direction as it bounces. These balls catch the edge of the bat and fly to the fielders behind the batsman. Imagine just nicking a pitch and being caught by the catcher behind home plate.

Being run out, which is when a fielder hits the stumps with the ball before the batsman finishes the run. This is basically the same as not making it to your base in time or being tagged in baseball.

Being adjudged LBW (leg before wicket). This one takes a bit of umpire interpretation and occurs when you illegally defend your stumps with your legs instead of the bat.

“Overs” are essentially a way of bowlers taking turns. I’ll bowl six “deliveries” from one end, then you get the ball and bowl six times from the other end. It keeps the bowlers fresh, ensures that both batsmen are facing deliveries and changes the conditions slightly (eg headwind and tailwind will make the ball behave differently).

And if it takes me that long to explain 5% of the rules, you can see why the game itself lasts for five days!

• Yes, the whole playing field is in play, so 360° scoring is possible from the bat.

The only 'foul balls' per se are from the bowler. If the ball is too wide or high, it is then deemed as either a 'wide' or 'no-ball' by the umpire.

Another type of 'no-ball' is when the bowler's front foot extends past the front line of the crease, It would be the equivalent in baseball of the pitcher moving down from the mound closer to the batter.

These 'no-balls' and 'wides' result in an extra point (run) being given to the batters team, and the bowler has to then bowl an extra ball.

Primo large oval, GMG Daniel Boone, Weber kettle, Weber Q3200, Weber Go Anywhere.

• BB parlance, if the batter fouls one off his bat behind him he takes off for the opposite wickets?

Basically the goal in Cricket (heh heh no there are no literal goals) is to run to the other end of the pitch - if both batsmen do that, then it's a "run".

Like in BB, you can do it any time you want (probably not literally true but let's keep it high level) but if the opposing team throw the ball into the stumps, then you're out, same as getting tagged in BB.

Also like BB, a cricket match is a great excuse to drink beer and yell good(ish)-natured abuse at the opposition team, the umpires, the opposition fans, and anyone else you can think of.

I remember dropping into the Cubby Bear for a few pregame drinks before weaving across Addison to watch the Cubs play and scream nonsensically with a mate who was visiting from Oz. I remember (vaguely) people a few rows down from us turning around to see WTF, and when they realised we were Aussies, laughed and encouraged us to continue.

Not sure if that last bit helps at all, but for some reason it popped back into my head, so out it came :D :D

• He is a batter or Batsmen? Is it possible for him to be at bat for more then one over at a time? Or is it once the 6 deliveries have occurred, any more deliveries are part of that "Over"?

It was traditionally called a batsman, but in this woke world where having a gender is now wrong, it's officially been changed to batter. Actually I don't mind the change really, the ladies game is growing really well and I often go down to watch the Perth Scorchers women play, the ladies play a highly skilled game.

Yes, 6 legal deliveries, then they bowl the next over from the other end. The batter will continue to face the deliveries while he is on strike. If for example he hits the ball, and they run and score a single, then the other batter is on strike. If the batter hits the ball and they run 2 runs, then he is back on strike. To score two runs both batters would need to run to the opposite end, ground their bat behind the line, then run back. I hope I have explained that clearly.

Now, lets say the batter is facing the 6th ball of the over, and he scores a single by running to the other end, he would be on strike the next over.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• For Bentley, obviously...

We dont just have test cricket, where a game goes for 5 days. We also have 1 day games where each team gets to bowl 50 overs, and more recently twenty20 games, where there are 20 overs each and the game is over in a few hours.

The shorter games encourage riskier (possibly more exciting) play and are easier to televise, but test cricket is considered more "pure" by many.

I like all formats but they are very different games. 5 day test cricket is an endurance sport (possibly one of a kind among all sports) and most employed people don't watch every hour of it for 5 days. It's a lot of fun to follow along to when/as you can though. There's a lot of tactical aspects that can never exist in shorter games (again, compared to all sports), and I think it should be treasured as something unique.

• Nothing better than falling asleep on Boxing Day in food coma whilst the Cricket is on and waking to watch the replay of a dismissal and then falling back to sleep.

Enjoy your "Q"
    James

• This my favourite explanation

Cricket: As explained to a foreigner...

You have two sides, one out in the field and one in. Each man that's in the side that's in goes out, and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out. When they are all out, the side that's out comes in and the side thats been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out. Sometimes you get men still in and not out.

When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in. There are two men called umpires who stay all out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out.

When both sides have been in and all the men have out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!