• Beef prices have been on the rise here too and aren't far off what you've posted there.

I read a report not too long ago saying to expect beef prices to remain high well into 2022, thanks to increased demand over summer...

I was able to find this as a reason in an article from October last year for the rising prices, in Oz at least...

The reason for the price rise is largely due to rising beef demand, both in Australia and globally, coinciding with a lush pasture season that has led to cattle farmers keeping stock to breed more calves.

Meanwhile, the Sydney Morning Herald claimed around the same time...

A decline in livestock numbers following drought and bushfires, labour shortages and overseas demand for some meat products has driven up the average price of beef to a record $24.72 per kilogram.

• I bought a whole rump today cap on $21 a kilo

Never enough BBQ

Primo XL, Imperial Kamado, Pro Smoke Offest, Pot belly stove, Flaming coals Spit , Jumbuck 'Rondo' Med spit, Webber Kettles, Small SS battery spit , 5 Burner beefmaster, gasmate portable bbq,

• Expect meat prices to get higher in the short term. Food processing and particularly meat workers are a high risk population for COVID and plants are having huge issues staffing at the moment.

The next 6 weeks will be… interesting.

Edited once, last by Bilda (January 12, 2022 at 8:41 PM).

• The next 6 weeks will be… interesting.

Indeed. I have just stocked up on A whole rump Snags and chuck. Probably should have ordered some lamb for Australia Day as well. The supermarkets are drying up and butchers are shutting there doors and sadly my local butcher has closed down.

Jumbuck 7 burner with hood. Baby Weber kettle. 52" Kettle. Weber Go Anywhere. 5' SS Spit rotisserie. Offset smoker. Akorn Kamado. :) ASMOKE AS500N. Hibachi.:bbq:

• I was talking to my friend who runs a smokehouse & his meat prices have all risen by $1-4 per cut depending. He was saying he can currently get some of his meat cheaper than what super butcher in Brisbane can. It just shows that even some of the larger butchers in Brisbane are struggling with pricing even with their buying power.

20" Reverse flow Offset, Weber GA, Weber kettle

• I will preface this questions by saying I believe Australian Rules and Cricket are payed in Sort of round stadiums. Can the Pro stadiums be configured to do Cricket, ARF or Soccer, obviously not at the same time?

"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

• AFL and cricket are pretty much interchangeable except for the Cricket Pitch in the middle. These used to be permanently part of the turf, but they are all drop in pitches now; ie the pitch is grown off site and dropped into the middle of the ground for cricket, then removed for the footy season.

Soccer and Rugby really need rectangular grounds, to the best of my knowledge the only major Cricket / AFL ground that can be converted to a rectangular stadium properly is the Perth Stadium, it was part of the design process. While you can watch rectangular games at a round stadium, you are sitting much further back. Plus in the case of Perth stadium it adds thousands of seats in capacity by converting.

The Eastern States crowd won't like this, but it's another example of why Perth Stadium is the best not only Australia, the Southern hemisphere, and according to the ICC, the best in the world. But before anyone gets too upset and defensive, it's also the newest MAJOR stadium in the world, it will likely hold that title till a newer MAJOR stadium is built - then it will likely lose that title, just the way it works.

Converting from round to rectangular takes time apparently.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• Bentley Meredith a rugby field is heaps smaller than a cricket/afl ground.

As an aside, not all ovals or fields are uniform. For AFL the MCG (Melbourne) oval is 160x140m vs say Subiaco (Perth) which is 175x131m, ie far longer and skinnier.

Rugby fields are a bit more uniform and are approx 100m between the goal lines x 70m wide give or take a few metres. Plus the ingoal gives about 120m long.

So you are looking at about 8,200m2 vs 16,000m2. Which means if you play a rectangular field sport on an oval ground the spectators are a long way away.

Been to a few games where it’s been attempted (rugby field marked out on an on a oval ground ) and it’s awful, the stands are too far from the action.

As an aside, while rugby can be seen pretty well on the TV due to its linear structure and smaller fiels, AFL on the TV never captures the true expansiveness of the game. With a few hundred kicks per game, including 70,80,90m kicks there is so much jostling and positioning that the players are doing on all sections of the oval. The TV just can’t capture the sheer amount of activity and work that occurs by players that don’t have the ball.

And I think the record for a AFL goal is over 100m??? That’s longer than a rugby field.

Seeing AFL live is a totally different game.

As a further aside, the best Rugby field in Australia is Lang Park aka Suncorp Stadium. This is a fact not a matter of opinion.

• Bentley Meredith

Seeing AFL live is a totally different game.

I used to go when it wasn't too expensive...
    When we moved to Sydney (from Perth) as a kid, Dad took me occasionally and iirc it was ~$12 a ticket. The stadium was empty so the seats were fantastic.
    Fast-forward 10 years, after the Swannies won a few games and AFL got popular in the NSW, tickets were about $50 - roughly the same as a 1 day cricket match at the time as well (early 2000s, for reference).

I shudder to think what they'd be now, but I guess at some point I'll have to start going to games again (wouldn't be fair on kids not to).

• Oh many that's seriously cold. Hard to imagine when its summer in Brisbane!

Mind you I can't complain, I saw a post on flogbook the other day that some parts of WA have been getting 50C +...

Weber Q3200, Weber Original Premium Kettle

• Is this classified as 'remote learning' ? :)

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• It works pretty well in that all east coast cities have AFL and Rugby teams, so they have a major oval and rectangular stadium in each city. And Perth has the new multi purpose stadium and don’t need it rectangular that often.

Perth Glory and Western Force have HBF Park, a dedicated rectangular stadium. Capacity is only 20 000 though, so for larger crowds that's where Optus would be used.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!