New Bunnings Toys

• Official Post

Amazingly, I've managed to avoid going to Bunnings for the last 2-3 months. I was surprised to see quite a few new toys today!

My heat gun died a little while ago and I thought I'd buy a new one.
    I had the XU1 heatgun in my trolley (12 month warranty, $23.50), but I ended up swapping it for this Ozito looft clone for $39. I hope it's as good as a heat gun...
    What sold me on it was the 3 year replacement warranty. I'll definitely be keeping the receipt and box as I'd be surprised if it lasts 3 years:

We've all chatted before about the dangers of bristled cleaning brushes... Well, there's a whole new range of "safe" brushes! I'm not sure if you can tell from the photo, but there are no bristles, Instead the have these spiral shaped brushes. I've been quite happy with a stainless steel kitchen sponge, but these might make things even easier. I'll be trying one soon:

I also bought these, which may be rubbish. I couldn't resist the fact that they were reduced from $20 down to $2. Bargain!

Finally, I was intrigued by this BBQ:

Maximus Pizza Oven | GMG - Daniel Boone | Fire Pit | Cyprus Grill | Big Steel Keg | Blackstone Griddle | Weber Genesis |

• My heat gun died a little while ago and I thought I'd buy a new one.
    I had the XU1 heatgun in my trolley (12 month warranty, $23.50), but I ended up swapping it for this Ozito looft clone for $39. I hope it's as good as a heat gun...
    What sold me on it was the 3 year replacement warranty. I'll definitely be keeping the receipt and box as I'd be surprised if it lasts 3 years:

Let us know how the heatgun goes - I am in the market for something to light the Binchotan Charcoal.

Green Grill Dome - Traeger Pro 22 - Weber OTG - Bunnings Spit - Hibachi (of various types) - Traeger Junior

• Photo copy or scan the reciept, the ink on the original fades really quickly and in a years time you'll open the reciept to find a blank piece of paper.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• [quote='Wazza',Photo copy or scan the reciept, the ink on the original fades really quickly and in a years time you'll open the reciept to find a blank piece of paper.[/quote]

I take a pic of all my receipts and save them in something like Evernote. That way you can add a few keywords about description & warranty period and always find it when you need it.

• AI had the XU1 heatgun in my trolley (12 month warranty, $23.50), but I ended up swapping it for this Ozito looft clone for $39. I hope it's as good as a heat gun...
    What sold me on it was the 3 year replacement warranty.

After seeing this I had to have one. Love it.

Jumbuck 7 burner with hood. Baby Weber kettle. 52" Kettle. Weber Go Anywhere. 5' SS Spit rotisserie. Offset smoker. Akorn Kamado. :) ASMOKE AS500N. Hibachi.:bbq:

• Official Post

Anyone near Mandurah Bunnings ? Word is that they are clearing out Akorns for $300 !!

Would be worth checking out if someone is able to get there and let us know for sure.

Big Green Egg - aSmoke Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller

• Photo copy or scan the reciept, the ink on the original fades really quickly and in a years time you'll open the reciept to find a blank piece of paper.

I use Evernote and Office Lens . The latter creates a PDF and then stores/emails/saves to apps and drives. For me it's straight to xero. Best thing ever for keeping a track of those receipts

• Sounds like a rocker type switch for the fan, and push button for the element would be ideal.
    Probably not hard to do for someone that is electrically minded. Unfortunately, my electrical experience is limited to sticking a 9v battery on my tongue to see what happens.

Very effin UDS, GMG Daniel Boone Prime

• Official Post

Unfortunately, my electrical experience is limited to sticking a 9v battery on my tongue to see what happens.

That's gold :D

Just a switch that has to be kept pressed down that runs the element and fan at the same time

I hope that's not the same as the cheap looft imitations I bought on ebay . They burnt out the element if you had it on for 45 seconds or more.

Big Green Egg - aSmoke Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!