• Dad's 60th was on Sunday and for his present I'm cooking him a cape grim Mb3 brisket. Got it from low n slow at tingalpa. They had them on special for the same price as regular brisket.

I can't decide if i want to cook it whole or split it in 2. There are only 4 of us for dinner so its a bit much for a whole 6kg in one go. But at the same time who doesn't love left overs for lunches.

Any opinions on which way to go would be great.

20" Reverse flow Offset, Weber GA, Weber kettle

• Cook the lot

Cryovac any left overs in lot sizes that suits you and enjoy the love later on.

Simple Salt and Pepper rub mate.

Wish I knew about the deal would have snapped one up.

My Toys.....GMG DB, Weber Family Q, Weber Baby Q, Weber Kettle, Weber GA, Cobb

• Yes, as the others have said, cook the lot. I've seen too many posts in here where a brisket didn't come out as it should because the cut was too small.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• I also have a birthday on Monday....bloody hell!

So I get to cook a nice Costco brisket for the Sunday lunch.
    :bbq:
    Will be a Saturday evening start for this 6.7kg brisket.

Z Grill MINI.....Aldi Gasser.......Thermoworks Smoke...., Masterbuilt portable Charcoal Grill.

• Cook the lot and cut up what's left over and keep it in the freezer.

From the last half Brisket I cooked the manager just used the slices in a lovely chinese style noodle meal and it was sensational.

Enjoy your "Q"
    James

Primo XL, GMG Davy Crockett, Char-Broil Grill2go, Akorn Jr and Weber Baby Q.

• I'm planning on getting up at 4am or so to start the Akorn then once its up to temp throw it on, aiming for around 250-275 cook temp. I'm a bit worried im starting too early but as well it can always rest for a few hours in the esky with towels.

• I'm planning on getting up at 4am or so to start the Akorn then once its up to temp throw it on, aiming for around 250-275 cook temp. I'm a bit worried im starting too early but as well it can always rest for a few hours in the esky with towels.

so u starting it at 4am and hoping to have it ready for dinner that night or the following night?

My possessions: GMG DB - Ziggy Triple

• You aint giving yourself enough time. You might be able to pull it off if you cooked at 275+ and wrapped it early but you wont have any resting time.

I personally would be starting at midnight.

My possessions: GMG DB - Ziggy Triple

• easier to finish early and have increased resting time then not finishing and having everybody sitting around waiting for food and you still need to rest it.

I know this from personal experience.

Enjoy your "Q"
    James

Primo XL, GMG Davy Crockett, Char-Broil Grill2go, Akorn Jr and Weber Baby Q.

• I'm a bit worried im starting too early

You can't start too early but you can certainly start too late. Take the advice of the others and start at midnight. Another option is to do it the day before and reheat in a microwave.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• Very nice GG. After getting mine on the Akron at around 4.40 im about 5 minutes away from pulling it off to rest until dinner time. Sat in the stall at 165 for about 90 minutes then i wrapped it and it took off after that. nice long rest ahead. Will post some picture up later

• Hi.
    All is well this morning except for me!... :censored: went out for dinner last night and looks like I copped food poisoning... :mad as::mad as:
    8.00am I have had jack sleep, but the brisket is on a comfortable 82.4c so at least something is good.

Will post a final picture/s later in "Weekend is here cook" for March.

Then I am gonna try to enjoy my day, so not sure you will get a sliced picture.
    :bbq:

Z Grill MINI.....Aldi Gasser.......Thermoworks Smoke...., Masterbuilt portable Charcoal Grill.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!