Smokai Cold Smoke Generator

• Smokai Cold Smoke Generator

The first thing to know is it is beautifully packed and fully assembled in the box. I just pulled it out of the box connected the air hose and plugged it in for a test drive!

I poured in a cup of standard Beech woodchips, pointed a lighter at the lighting hole and within 30 seconds it was away!

Unbelievable! Straight out of the box….and with woodchips no less! No fuss, Dead silent, no complex setup, not even enough time for a beer, so I made a few crashing and scraping noises to keep Management off the scent and sat there enjoying my beer watching the smoke dance around in the workshop.

The next day I did the same with some Traeger pellets, they took a minute to light, but roared along no problem at all! I looked at the specs and the One Litre version (which I was using) is listed as suitable up to 16 cubic metres. A little math and a beer later and I’d worked out that’s a huge 2m x 4m x 2m high Smoke House! I thought, how many sausages is that?....then the third beer kicked in, so my calculating ability was shot to hell! Meanwhile the Smokai was still pumping out Pecan smoke from the pellets.

After a while I went inside, excited to tell Management of my success, she took one look at me and said “You Stink”…I Hi-fived myself in my head “Success!” and sulked off to have a shower!

The Smokai works bloody well! It’s well thought out and meticulously designed, a credit to our brothers from across the pond

The pump has two speeds and is dead silent. I fired up on High Speed, then went down to low speed for the smoke test.

The Beech cap seals the top but is easy to remove so you can top up mid smoke, not that you’ll need to, on the low pump setting the Smokai delivers 4 hours of smoke using woodchips and 8 hours with pellets!

The Hopper tube clips into the base, so you mount the base on your smokehouse or BBQ and twist fit the hopper, then fit the removable baffle tube, this is smart design!

But the clever design doesn’t end there, there are accessory brackets to suit other devices, this one lets it clip to the rotisserie motor housing that you may already have on your BBQ, you bolt it to the Smokai, then just slide the whole thing into the rotisserie bracket when you want.... ten out of ten for thinking outside the square!

Get a load of this for smoke in a gasser!

And up against similar US products, the Smokai is better made, more versatile and the right price!

The 3 litre is suitable for up to 48 cubic metres. That’s a massive 4m x 4m x 3m high Smoke-house, and provides 9 Hours of smoke using Woodchips and 24 Hrs using Smoking Pellets!

Anyone who Buys a Smokai can get the plans for building a wooden smokehouse.

Cheers
    Chris

• a mate just hacked a Smokai into his vertical gasser

I would have hacked mine into a gasser too if not the Z Grill as I have.
    Reckon it would work well in a vertical also.
    Thought posts re the Smoaki are probably better in here. :thumbup:

Z Grill MINI.....Aldi Gasser.......Thermoworks Smoke...., Masterbuilt portable Charcoal Grill.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!