• Been doing a bit to ready the garden for this years planting...there is also a few more raised beds ready.

This years garlic crop coming along nicely.

Tomatoes, SilverBeet, Lettuce, Capsicum, Spring Onions, Zucchinis, Cucumbers.

Z Grill MINI.....Aldi Gasser.......Thermoworks Smoke...., Masterbuilt portable Charcoal Grill.

• All done & dusted with the planting....now the wait has begun!

In here we have the Bananas & Passionfruit.....Tomatoes, Bush Cucumber, Zucchinis & Spring Onions.

Lettuce, Silver Beet & Radish in the raised bed.....some more Zucchinis & a Tomato on the lower bed.

Rhubarb, Capsicum & Strawberry along the front.....& some more Spring Onions & Capsicums in the raised bed at the front......Garlic is behind.

Z Grill MINI.....Aldi Gasser.......Thermoworks Smoke...., Masterbuilt portable Charcoal Grill.

• how do the Bananas go down here?

It is a bit hit & miss Kookabanus .....I think I have had 2 good bunches & 2 not so good in total.

Here is the last bunch I harvested.....

"Was time to chop these little Melbourne grown monkey bananas down.

These really do eat very sweet!" :D.....( May 2018....none last year)

&thumbnail=1

In the photo where you see the Banana Plants Kookabanus ....to the left the 3 small ones around that tall one are from my first Mother plant....which is a cool climate growing Banana from which I had have the mixed luck with......That real tall one is pretty new and has not yet produced for me...but it has for the neighbour who I got It from...many times.

The other two to the right are actually Queensland plants that a friend sent me as tiny pups...no luck with fruit on those thus far and I think they are heading into year 3.....all in all they are more just a good talking point.....getting fruit is a real treat when it happens properly.

Edited once, last by gourmetgalaxy (October 16, 2020 at 10:06 AM).

• I built some veggie beds for the misso last weekend. Thought to myself "beauty, six holes, a little rapid set and drop the sleepers in, I'll be on the beers by lunchtime."

Not a chance. 3 separate reticulation lines i found from the previous home owner spread out and needing re routing before i could even start the post holes proper.

I tell you, I'm allergic to shovels. Now this weekend i get to barrow all the soil in myself due to her having a crook back.

Still, the produce we get should be worth the effort.

• This is my setup here in the Yarra Valley. Few beds waiting for summer seedlings as hasn't been consistently warm yet.

Royal Kamado, GMG Daniel Boone, Weber Baby Q, Weber OTP,Weber Jumbo Joe, Dragon Hibachi, Auspit, Multikai + a couple of portables.

• You all are in the Heart of your growing season, I am trying to gear up for ours. To wet (and early) to do anything in the vegetable beds, but I have been trying to train the Blackberry's. The 1st photo is the line of "primary" canes. The close ups are a few that are left when we moved the garden. I am using them as experimental beds to try different techniques!

"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

• All but 4 of the items planted in April were killed by the Evil 3 day April Frost. 2nd go round is doing better.

Onions, right is Spanish, center Bermuda and left is White.

Garlic just starting to take off.

Sage was able to with stand Mayberry winter and is thriving. The plants to the right are basil, the tiny one told Mr Frost none shall pass.

Snowpeas.

Asparagus, have had about 30 so far.

I believe Chili's.

Green peppers & Chili's. The 1st 3 also told Mr. Frost where to go!

Hard to tell, but the little things in the center should be Okra.

R to L, rosemary, parsley, not sure, basil, basil.

Beats on left, carrots on right. I know we are finally getting the soil right as this is the 1st year we have been able to grow carrots.

Blackberries.

Raspberries.

Just a couple of over all shots.

• They are small, but pretty!

Hard to believe those photos are only 18 days old. I will have to post some updates. Garden is finally taking off. I think we are finally getting the soil amended after 7 years of adding brown matter & sand. 1st time we have been able to grow carrots, so I know the soil is loosening up.

• Other then the Onions, Beets & Carrots, seems like slow growth to me for 20 days. The Okra seems really slow. 2nd batch of Onions is coming in nice. I guess we had not even planed the 2nd round of tomatoes by that time.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!