Wazza' s BBQ bar build

• This is going to happen, just taking a while. But I did have a play with a CNC plasma this morning and made up the front face for the lightbox. I'll put some translucent acrylic behind it and get some LEDs off eBay.

I've also run some coloured resin through some aged jarrah to be a timber frame for the lightbox.

And to prove the actual build of the bar has started, here is some of the timber I've dressed. It's a mixture of jarrah, karri, marri, wandoo and blackbutt.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• I've got the design in my head, probably need to put it in CAD at some point. I've got a sliding door from my kitchen to the alfresco, so this bar will be an extension of the kitchen bench.

It will be fairly tall, tall enough to keep the Akorn and tri fire under it, and hopefully the charcoal grill as well. I'll clad the front and sides with 10mm jarrah boards.

I've also got my hands on some really big pieces of oregon which have come out of a roof I'll make into bar bench / stool.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• I've got the design in my head,

It shouldn't be too hard to find then :D

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• Any plans to put a kegerator in the bar for beers on tap?

Not at this stage, was more about a home for BBQs and some gear, plus somewhere to sit at. Plus to be honest I didn't think about it.

It's something I could probably add later though, guessing I'd need a sink? Need to have a think about how to run the waste plumbing.

• I wouldn't worry about a sink out there unless you plan on doing your food prep

Nah, kitchen is literally on the other side of the wall.

Just use a container for drips?

• Small update, decided I wanted it to look rusty before I soften the aesthetics with timber, so here it is 4 days after treating.

• Some updates.

Light box is now finished. Didn't end up using the reson filled jarrah, it made the whole thing look too busy. Might make a mirror or something with that timber.

Put a jarrah box around it. Photo really does not do it justice.

• Next should have been the actual bar, but sadly not yet. I needed a bench seat and storage in the alfresco. So why not build both.

Frame made from jarrah, karri, marri and blackbutt. Lining boards are mostly tingle with some wandoo and jarrah. Top is jarrah decking.

To tie it into the lightbox I laser cut the acrylic with the BBQ pig logo thing then cut it into an oval. Then got some time on a CNC router and cut a 3mm deep oval the same size as the acrylic so the acrylic could be inlaid into the timber.

Edit

Display Spoiler

• Some more construction pics.

Plasma cutting the steel.

Domino joints.

Gotta love a drum sander.

And yes I did rebate for hinges by hand. Was aged karri, made it bloody hard.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!