• Does anyone else find themselves stuck in a cook up rut from time to time? No time to cook? always something coming up so cant plan a cook up? Freezer full of CG goodness and just cant seem to find a weekend to do my thing...

Ziggy Twin Burner - GMG Daniel Boone - Hibachi

• Constantly - two kids under 3 means come weekend when i want to cook up something, time is very limited (slowly getting better as they grow up)

I must say the smartfire i got for KJ has made that process much easier (was prime reason for getting one) - means i dont have to monitor and adjust temps as much, so if i can prep meat night before then quickly light it up in morning and get meat on it looks after itself. Not the ideal bbqing situation (not as much fun and engagement) but certainly fills the gap for now while kids are still young

Kamado Joe Classic II - Hark Gas Smoker - Coolabah 6 Burner - Beefeater Bugg

• Yep I have no time just work and family time with the missus and kids ! And now we brought a new prado been distracted setting it up for touring/camping !

And this is why I got a gmg too for the set and forget

Black 3200, charcoal kettle, Akorn J, Gmg Daniel boone

• Constantly - two kids under 3 means come weekend when i want to cook up something, time is very limited (slowly getting better as they grow up)

I've got some bad news for you. You have a 3 to 4 year window before kids sport kicks in, then you can really kiss your weekend goodbye.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• Feel your pain guys.
    Glad not to have any kids to worry about.....that I know of!
    I do have time only because I'm on a disability pension though.
    :bbq:

Z Grill MINI.....Aldi Gasser.......Thermoworks Smoke...., Masterbuilt portable Charcoal Grill.

• I've got some bad news for you. You have a 3 to 4 year window before kids sport kicks in, then you can really kiss your weekend goodbye.

I wish I could dislike a comment- haha

The Smartfire will be getting a workout

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kamado Joe Classic II - Hark Gas Smoker - Coolabah 6 Burner - Beefeater Bugg

• Yep. Don't get much time for low n slow but try and get a quick weeknight cook on the GA to satisfy the urge. Not the most filling but better than nothing. Wife agrees everything on charcoal tastes better so she doesn't complain if it takes a bit longer than usual to cook

20" Reverse flow Offset, Weber GA, Weber kettle

• Same here. Kids are all adults but we are still cleaning up after them. With work and maintaining the property plus I cook almost every night I get a little over it at times.
    Also a recent discovered brain tumor on my potuatry gland that was trying to turn me into a fat old woman, along with the medication has slowed my right down. I'm 1.94m tall and 125kg. An extra 20 kg than I should be that came on realy fast and the joints don't like it much.
    Getting better every week.

Jumbuck 7 burner with hood. Baby Weber kettle. 52" Kettle. Weber Go Anywhere. 5' SS Spit rotisserie. Offset smoker. Akorn Kamado. :) ASMOKE AS500N. Hibachi.:bbq:

• Not really for me.

I generally try to cook something every weekend as kids are older now (18 and 20). Its my time to myself which having given up Cigarettes previously I find I need (Time to myself that is). I simply pull up a chair with something nice to drink put on some music and see what's happening on the Internet thanks to an Ipad.

During the week is just a bonus cook.

I am also on a bit of a health kick so have wound back the cooking etc... really focussing on quality not quantity. Currently lost 22kgs and feeling a lot better for it. Put on all of that and a little more when the BBQ bug first hit straight after giving up smoking.

I still have not had a Beef burger for going on 6 Months now. All that will change when I go on holidays no doubt. Its not so much the Beef Pattie I am steering away from its the Cheese, Fries and sauce etc...

Enjoy your "Q"
    James

Primo XL, GMG Davy Crockett, Char-Broil Grill2go, Akorn Jr and Weber Baby Q.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!