Pellet prices, bargains and suppliers

• I've gone through a few hoppers of Lumberjack pellets in the DC without any issues but yesterday the auger started to struggle and almost stopped. Then something went crack and it started turning normally again. I think some of the pellets are a bit long and one got caught up somewhere along the line. These may be harder than some other brands too. Anyway, did a roast for lunch today and it was all good.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• I think some of the pellets are a bit long

Seems the Lumberjack & the Smokin brands both contain some really long pellets in the bags.
    Although can't say I have noticed the groaning issue with the Lumberjack....and they got a good run in the Z Grill recently while I was doing some testing, and have used in the Traeger with no issues.

Z Grill MINI.....Aldi Gasser.......Thermoworks Smoke...., Masterbuilt portable Charcoal Grill.

• obviously based on that mathmatics you dont use it for 30 days, only use it once per week.

If that was the only que i had i would be going through a bag a weekend.

Enjoy your "Q"
    James

Primo XL, GMG Davy Crockett, Char-Broil Grill2go, Akorn Jr and Weber Baby Q.

• I see BBQ Galore have Traeger pellets at the moment 4 for $100 special. My '12 months free pellets' isn't cutting the mustard as I'm running a bag a week at the moment..

:0 that’s a lot of bbqing! And we havnt seen many if any of your cooks yet !

Black 3200, charcoal kettle, Akorn J, Gmg Daniel boone

• The pit boss pellets are fine, I haven't used them but plenty of people do.

The issue with Traeger pellets is it came out that they were flavouring the pellets with oils or something. They basically weren't always the wood that the bag said it was. They work fine though I'm sure.

Royal Kamado, Primo Oval XL, Akorn jr, GMG Daniel Boone and Pit Barrel Cooker

• I've done a number of bags of Pit Boss on the GMG DC, no problems.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• I had used Traeger and Pitboss / Louisiana grills pellets both worked fine.

Yes Traeger were being sued in the US for using oils I. There pellets to give them the specific flavour. Hickory was the main offender I believe.

I could never tell the difference in flavour in any event.

Enjoy your "Q"
    James

• So just doing some Charcoal research at lunch (as you do) and notice Firebrand now sell Pellets.

https://firebrandbbq.com.au/product/firebr…q-pellets-10kg/

Then use the App to order and get 20% off apparently.

https://firebrandbbq.com.au/ordering-app/

That takes it down to $21.56 per 10kg bag.

Shipping is $14.85 to home so that takes it back to $36.41 a bag.(delivery does get cheaper the more bags you order).

This makes it comparable to other suppliers in terms of Pricing.

Although I am not sure whether you can order on app and pick up in store. I contacted Brisbane Food services and they didn't have any in at all as they have not been asked by their commercial clients for them.

I have no idea who's pellets they are unless they are making them themselves :shrug:

update:

https://www.firebrandwoodpellets.com/

Anybody used them ?

I use their Charcoal all the time now.

Enjoy your "Q"
    James

• I noticed these recently as I bought some charcoal from the app. I wanted to add a bag of pellets but it bumped the shipping up enough to make it not worth it.

I wonder if any local firebrand sellers will stock the pellets... :/

Royal Kamado, Primo Oval XL, Akorn jr, GMG Daniel Boone and Pit Barrel Cooker

• Looking at the website and the TSM Pacific, I'm wondering if it's the same mob who have been sellinh cheap heating pellets for years ? They were in plain white bags sold at BBQs Galore and were about half the price of the normal brands. They were called Pacific Pellets, which is why I think there may be a link. The website says..... the ultimate renewable energy resource in Firebrand® Hardwood Wood Pellets. Packed with many advantages and the versatility to be used in multiple industries including Power Stations, Boiler Rooms, Agriculture, Commercial and Residential Heating and much more.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!