More New Pellets @ Bunnings...And $12.90 a bag....

• So was on a mission to collect something from Bunnings today.....more on that elsewhere.
    While there I spotted these New Pellets at a bargain basement price.....no I did not grab any to try as yet and it was a 15kg bag.
    I am not certain who makes these as they were "Unbranded" & carry no hint of who makes them......but boy oh boy the packaging has similarities to the "Smokin" brand, & they are Australian made pellets.
    Anyone in Melbourne interested in these, I spotted them at the New Oakleigh store!

Z Grill MINI.....Aldi Gasser.......Thermoworks Smoke...., Masterbuilt portable Charcoal Grill.

• Recycled hardwood potentially sets off an alarm from me. If it's recycled from housing demo, I'd be worried about subfloor and chemicals.

Roof timber no issue, just subfloor.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• Official Post

It looks like the 15kg plain white bags BBQs Galore sold for $16. I used them in a DB I had at the time and they were ok but the burn time was quick so the value dropped a bit in that regard. I doubt that they'd be able to label them as suitable for a BBQ if they had chenicals in them and it was similar labelling with the BBQ Galore packs. They were made in NSW from memory and I think the company was called was Pacific. Maybe it's the same mob?

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• Recycled hardwood potentially sets off an alarm from me. If it's recycled from housing demo, I'd be worried about subfloor and chemicals.

Roof timber no issue, just subfloor.

Roof timber is normally covered in asbestos fibres. They probably not using housing timber though as housing demo gets belted over with a 30t excavator and sent to landfill.

It’s probably virgin waste from sawmills or forestry.

• They probably not using housing timber though as housing demo gets belted over with a 30t excavator and sent to landfill.

Not over here, a good amount is remilled into boards.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• Really? Wow, I couldn’t imagine a large-scale use for old 3x2 and 5x3 that was put up green and is more twisted than not, and potentially contaminated to boot. Always seemed a waste, but can’t see anything economical to be done with it.

• Really? Wow, I couldn’t imagine a large-scale use for old 3x2 and 5x3 that was put up green and is more twisted than not,

At the risk getting off topic, I'll reply quickly.

i don't think it was green when it went up. Jarrah is sought after, and it's such a Hardy timber it Mills up beautifully. 3x2 less of a market, makes great Barton's though, but 4x2 and bigger can make some stunning boards.

It's also mostly fairly straight.

• Yeah most of the older houses have all jarrah roofs and beams and there really good bits of wood in w.a and can’t say there all bent etc too and be worth a bit $$

As long as there not using the new wood they use now days.. treated pine =O

But anyways to bring it back to topic l.. who’s getting a bag to give it a try?

Black 3200, charcoal kettle, Akorn J, Gmg Daniel boone

• I'd suggest that it would be better mixed with some hickory pellets like those sold by Bunnings (Samba). A 50/50 mix should work well I reckon.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• Found out where these pellets are coming from...... out of Tasmania.

Here is a link to a story done a while back....but I am thinking these could be an ok product...especially as @Gumb mentioned to use as a blend with other pellets.

Will let you know as I now have a bag!!!

https://www.examiner.com.au/story/5627927/…o-timber-waste/

Z Grill MINI.....Aldi Gasser.......Thermoworks Smoke...., Masterbuilt portable Charcoal Grill.

• Well it's pretty hard to deny that's them. There still not abled to be ordered in as the supplier isn't approved yet.

Im going to use this for the pizza oven but at $1kg this may become my go to pellet.

Let us know what you think.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!