More New Pellets @ Bunnings...And $12.90 a bag....

• Interesting read about them coming from Tassie. I notice they say nothing about them being used for cooking, just heating. The quote that a bag for $15 would last between one and two days in a 3 bedroom home to me says that they won't fly as a heating fuel. If a 4 bedroom home used a bag a day, $15 is too much to spend, even at today's over inflated gas and electricity prices.

But for cooking, they price perfectly.

Big Green Egg - aSmoke Grill - Weber Kettle - GMG Davy Crockett - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller

• Just got a call from bunnings these can not be ordered in they are a old promo item apparently

Just to clarify this.....someone has mis informed you @gros21..
    I have been speaking with Neville Smith Industries who are producing these pellets.....and re clarified this today
    They WILL BE available in selected stores initially, & you should be able to order them in if not in store.

Side note..put some in a tube smoker yesterday...they burn well and have a nice aroma!

Ziggy Trpl. ....Z Grill 700E.....Aldi/Masterbuilt & Camp Chef Gassers... Camp Chef cast iron.....Thermoworks Smoke.....ASmoke Grill.300.

• But anyways to bring it back to topic l.. who’s getting a bag to give it a try

Putting some of these through the Z grill today not mixing with any other pellet for this test run.
    Seeing how or if there are any issues with temperatures & controller.

Ziggy Trpl. ....Z Grill 700E.....Aldi/Masterbuilt & Camp Chef Gassers... Camp Chef cast iron.....Thermoworks Smoke.....ASmoke Grill.300.

• Will be testing these for a 4 hour run set at 176c.
    This is the same testing time & temperature we did recently using 4 other brands of pellets, so looking for a similar result.
    Been running for an hour plus as I sit.....and all probes are not missing a beat...so early results say these could certainly an ok mixing option.

• So these pellets are fine to use as a blend IMHO....or pure too for that matter.
    Had no temperature issue at all in the 4 hours....in fact it is still going as I muck around and not missing a beat.
    Maybe a slight bit of auger grinding due to the length of some of these pellets...1.5 inches some!
    Clean smell when burning also.
    So perhaps if you get a chance, try some of these and support another Australian business.
    You never know where this will lead in the quest for good Australian pellets at competitive prices.....possibly flavoured ones also!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!