Louisiana Vertical from Costco....Warranty.

• So if you read my post about the warranty difference between Louisiana/Pit Boss Vertical, this may interest you.
    I was trying to Google the manual for the Costco release...could not seem to find it, even on the Louisiana site!
    Did stumble across this though, so it seems that they DO ACTUALLY have a 5 year warranty the way I read this effective 9/3/18.

https://louisiana-grills.com/5-year-warranty ….Click on the more details

Z Grill MINI.....Aldi Gasser.......Thermoworks Smoke...., Masterbuilt portable Charcoal Grill.

• My only concern there is its from their American website. So I've sent an email asking if the 5 year warranty applies here too, and if purchased from Costco.
    Will update when I get a reply. Probably take a few days. Weekend just started there.

GMG DB, small Weber kettle. That's it. It's all I have left now. ;(

• Just got the auto reply which says this. May take a while.

Thank you for your contacting Dansons. Your communication is valuable to us, and we sincerely apologize for the delay in replying to you. With BBQ season in full swing, the number of emails with questions and comments from customers has nearly tripled. We’re looking forward to connecting with you, and our team is doing everything possible to get to your specific email. We hope that you’ll give us 5-7 more business days to reply with our full attention

• Official Post

I think that you can expect the same level of service and warranty for this as anything else you buy from Costco. Very poor service and very little to no after sales support, but a lifetime returns policy as long as you keep your membership continuous.
    The other day my wife saw some bloke return an opened packet of chips because he didn't like them after he ate a few.

I must say this smoker keeps luring me. I like the fact that it is more compact than my GMG DB. I'm also thinking that the vertical setup with water pan at the bottom would likely lead to easier cleanup, but that's just a guess.

The main reasons holding me back are that I love the GMG's WiFi, the app, the after sales support and my DB is still going strong so no need to waste funds.

Masterbuilt Gravity 800 | Maximus Pizza Oven | GMG - Daniel Boone | Cyprus Grill | Big Steel Keg | Blackstone Griddle | Fire Pit | Weber Genesis |

• My early guess says that they would have to honour a 5 year Warranty.
    I don't think consumer affairs would take to well to a different warranty offering in Australia.
    After all it does seem to be an updated overall general warranty, plus I could see NO restrictions/limitations mentioned anywhere.
    Just my early thoughts.

Z Grill MINI.....Aldi Gasser.......Thermoworks Smoke...., Masterbuilt portable Charcoal Grill.

• Had a glance over one of these today while at Costco.
    As you say it has some serious real estate!
    I reckon easy 6 full briskets or 18/24 COSTCO pork ribs just to give you a good idea.
    Also on another note noticed prices in general on most meat has risen considerably on most items.
    ie...Brisket up from $8.99 to 10.99kg, scotch fillet from $28.99 to 32.99kg & boned legs of lamb from $12.99 to $15.99kg for example.

• I was reading somewhere previously could be on “Aussie bbq forum” awhile back that they had Weber kettles there diffrent colors etc and they had only a year warranty or something a lot less the the Weber warranty ?? Can’t remember why now though..

Maybe same thing ??

I’ll do some searching

Black 3200, charcoal kettle, Akorn J, Gmg Daniel boone

• I was reading somewhere previously could be on “Aussie bbq forum” awhile back that they had Weber kettles there diffrent colors etc and they had only a year warranty or something a lot less the the Weber warranty ?? Can’t remember why now though..

Maybe same thing ??

I’ll do some searching

Parallel import, so the warranty is not with Weber Aust, it is with Costco

• Just an update.
    Mate I was talking about in a previous post ended up getting one on Saturday.
    Got to the stage of doing the burn off, half way in ERL code.
    Shuts it down & lets it cool...refired it & had been running it on and off since to check performance all ok
    He has fired it up again this morning, same problem code has occurred after 10/15 min, he does not want to have to muck around with it, told him to return it.

Edit Note....Weird this, I just dropped into mates...the shut down cycle for the Louisiana Vertical is different to the Pit Boss Vertical.
    And as far as I can tell they both have exactly the same controllers... :shrug:

Edited once, last by gourmetgalaxy (July 31, 2019 at 4:46 PM).

• He returned it today @werewolf...I am still baffled by the different shut down cycles between the PB & Louisiana though because as far as I can tell the controllers were/ are exactly the same on both. :shrug:

• Sorry, I meant in general. You know, I bought a pedestal fan from Kmart the other day for $7. When your selling $7 fans, margin just isn’t there to cover the overhead of service. Bunnings killed Mitre 10 service, gone are the days of having lots of experienced staff on hand, but we all love warehouse prices.

Costco will take anything back because they wlll make the supplier eat the cost of the return. Bunnings, Coles etc they all do the same.

Sorry for the OT comments, back to regular programming.

Shame the smoker didn’t work out, looks like a great unit otherwise. Probably just a dud one off though.

• Well, got my reply from Louisiana. Its 5 years.

"Absolutely in Australia you would have the 5 year warranty for any new LG unit. It is world wide warranty anywhere our units are sold. Hope you pick a unit up and have a good day"

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!