Weekend is here, what are you cooking - September

• Chicken on family Q, served on a fenal, Walnut and apple salad, with a carret puree.

Edit

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• It’s been a while since I’ve used any of the q’s I’ll have to look through the freezer and see what I can cook this weekend as it’s finally meant to be decent weather in Perth this weekend !

Black 3200, charcoal kettle, Akorn J, Gmg Daniel boone

• Not a lot with the crap windy weather here ye in Melbourne
    But do have this Pastrami in the Coolibah/Hark gasser.
    Almost ready to wrap in foil for the home run. ^^

Ziggy Trpl. ....Z Grill 700E and the New MINI.....Aldi & Camp Chef Gassers... Camp Chef cast iron.....Thermoworks Smoke.

• Rump steak, smashed potatoes and veg.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• I think the best I have ever made from an aesthetic and as silly as it sounds structural point of view...Should have been inverted. I think the meat would look better on the bottom.

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance — that principle is contempt prior to investigation"

• Pork experiment, 2 butts same size same rub but ones injected while the other isn't. Never been big on injecting in the past however this side by side comparison may change my mind as the injected one was definitely juicier and cooked a little faster too.

Left = non-injected & right = injected. Not the color difference too (most likely from the apple juice used in the injection.

• No cooking, but prepping for a cook up on Tuesday/Wednesday.
    Probably on the Z.Grill with some extra smoke from the Smokai.
    @'fury FYI' this was a 5.5kg piece after the trim and came from Costco.
    Will be cooking at 107/125c.
    Now its just hanging about! :D

Ziggy Trpl. ....Z Grill 700E and the New MINI.....Aldi & Camp Chef Gassers... Camp Chef cast iron.....Thermoworks Smoke.

• Tried crumbed chicken drummies again. Marinated in butter milk, but I couldn't taste any difference. Came out okay but still getting dry spots with the crumbs.

Bugger. Forgot to add a pic and can't add in edit.

GMG DB, small Weber kettle. That's it. It's all I have left now. ;(

• Mixed grill
    First time cook of a rump cap, followed the recipe on the forum.
    All cooked on the PBC. The Rump hit 47c in just over an hour. What a wonderful piece of meat, will definitely be doing it again!

weber performer, weber compact with gas conversion, napoleon rodeo, pro q 20", PBC, ziggy portable, ozpig with rotisserie, pro smoke offset, pit boss mini kamado, asmoke portable, master built 560.

• Last minute decision...Roast chook in the Akorn Mini.
    Simple sprog rub and some Smokemaster Wood Chips...Mountain Ash with a little Redgum.
    Bloody good and no hick ups...gotta be happy with that. :thumbup:
    Great flavour & nice & juicy.....Aldi Special!!

• Was supposed to go to a seafood restaurant for my SIL birthday...They got we worked up for seafood then cancelled do to health issues...So I had to take things into my own hands...What do you expect me to do!

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance — that principle is contempt prior to investigation"

• I made a couple of slabs of bacon yesterday in the pellet grill while I redid all the gaskets on both kamado's.
    I'll be slicing them up today, can't wait to taste!

Royal Kamado, Primo Oval XL, Akorn jr, GMG Daniel Boone and Pit Barrel Cooker

• Those bellies look great!

• Is this dry ageing?
    Do you find it makes a big difference to the meat?

No cooking, but prepping for a cook up on Tuesday/Wednesday.
    Probably on the Z.Grill with some extra smoke from the Smokai.
    @'fury FYI' this was a 5.5kg piece after the trim and came from Costco.
    Will be cooking at 107/125c.
    Now its just hanging about!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!