Masterbuilt Charcoal Series Gravity Grill

• Have been in contact with Sitro group Australia which know way less then me. They in turn get in contact with Masterbuilt and pass on information on how to try and correct it which I’ve already done after reading about the faults on Facebook groups.

So at the moment it’s running fine as long as I don’t use wifi which isn’t an issue with me but I still think if it’s meant to work and they have it as a selling point it should work.

Apparently they are trying to fix it with new firmware updates.

weber performer, weber compact with gas conversion, napoleon rodeo, pro q 20", PBC, ziggy portable, ozpig with rotisserie, pro smoke offset, pit boss mini kamado, asmoke portable, master built 560.

• IMHO they are ALL V2......the V1 is BS I think.....got mine from BBQsG & its V2.

They DO have a newer model # in the USA ...see the USA manual.

All models here are MB20041020 as far as I can establish......in the USA & on the Masterbuilt web site in Aust. if you look at that manual it has the different USA #.MB20040220

This is very misleading as is the fact they even have wrong warranty information.

I'm thinking I'll pull the trigger on one of these tomorrow. Looks exactly what I w after to upgrade my old weber kettle gold.

2018 Weber Genesis (jets drilled for more power "Tim the Toolman" style)  Weber Gold Kettle Companion Pizza oven (gas) Bunnings $85 Jumbuck Charcoal Rotti GMG Daniel Boone Prime

• That's one small step for a man, once giant leap......etc etc. :)

Make sure we get to see the pics.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• Have been in contact with Sitro group Australia which know way less then me.

Yep Am afraid to say that seems to be the Norm for this mob.....No one could answer the V1/V2 question for certain...."As far as we know ALL Australian models are the same version".

Pretty poor when you consider they have had one at their Outdoors Domain (see post 10) outlet for well on 12 months & could have well had more than enough time to get their head around what they are selling.

I am still waiting for a call back from them from the day of purchase of my unit....to no avail......BUT NO surprises there though....In 5 years I reckon I have put 5/6 calls to that company re some accessories & stuff......Only ever ONCE has anyone from there followed through with a call back to my enquiry.

Bit poor for a company like this IMO.

pull the trigger

Do it... :thumbup: . You wont regret it.

Z Grill MINI.....Aldi Gasser.......Thermoworks Smoke...., Masterbuilt portable Charcoal Grill.

Edited once, last by gourmetgalaxy (January 12, 2021 at 9:31 AM).

• No one could answer the V1/V2 question for certain...."As far as we know ALL Australian models are the same version".

All the ones that are distributed through Sitro are V2..................it's only the ones Grey Imported by BBQs Galore that are V1 and they should have run out of stock of them by now.

• I'm thinking I'll pull the trigger on one of these tomorrow. Looks exactly what I w after to upgrade my old weber kettle gold.

So yesterday online/c&c these were $974. Had to go to Penriff this morning so thought I'd just buy in store. Now $1299. :(:(

So looks like I'll be waiting now for a decent price. Too rich for my blood.

2018 Weber Genesis (jets drilled for more power "Tim the Toolman" style)  Weber Gold Kettle Companion Pizza oven (gas) Bunnings $85 Jumbuck Charcoal Rotti GMG Daniel Boone Prime

• I’m glad I don’t live in US at the moment but one advantage would be that some shops are discounting the 560s to $150.

weber performer, weber compact with gas conversion, napoleon rodeo, pro q 20", PBC, ziggy portable, ozpig with rotisserie, pro smoke offset, pit boss mini kamado, asmoke portable, master built 560.

• did you go and ask them if they would do the old price ???? some times they do but just say don't tell anyone. :dunno:

Nah. Thought of it but was back in the car by then. Was kinda hoping that the web price was still the old price.

• I am interested in the charcoal you use in these.

Large bits ok or smaller bits preferred ?

So if you look at the log type on my post regarding Chargriller Lump is that stuff ok or do you have to break it down into smaller pieces ?

Enjoy your "Q"
    James

Primo XL, GMG Davy Crockett, Char-Broil Grill2go, Akorn Jr and Weber Baby Q.

• I’ve used heat bead lump which has very large pieces, pro smoke which is pretty small and hot shots brickets. They all work fine.

From what I’m reading everything works just the burn time varies. On the Australian user groups most of the consensus is the charcoal heat beads last the longest.

• pro smoke which is pretty small

Yeah I grabbed a bag of this.....way to many smaller pieces IMO....especially for the 560.

Now have heat beads & Heat beads lump. I also didn't mind the char griller stuff when I last used it....couldn't find any last week though.

Z Grill MINI.....Aldi Gasser.......Thermoworks Smoke...., Masterbuilt portable Charcoal Grill.

• Rack of Lamb rubbed with BBQ 101's lamb rub ( Steve Hell Yeah)........may have had a name change since I was given this rub.....found it hiding as you do sometimes... 8o ......Home grown Zuc's & garlic & a caeser Salad for sides.

Done in the 560 @ 180c until internal of 58c then finished off with a little high heat blast until internal reached 63c ish. :yum):yum) .

• Some tiny chicken halves from Costco, sell them in bags of 10 for $28! Bird brain rub and on the smoker for 45mins at 400f with a bit of cherry wood. Beautiful crispy skin really enjoying the food this thing cranks out.

• gourmetgalaxy Looking fwd to seeing that in action. Seen a lot of posts on the Facebook pages and it looks great. There’s also a basket that goes with it that looks very interesting.

• Sorry posted In wrong section above ,

Few beers watching cricket today , meant to be on in the what ya cookin month bit !😂😂

[FIXED...Gumb]

Never enough BBQ

Primo XL, Imperial Kamado, Pro Smoke Offest, Pot belly stove, Flaming coals Spit , Jumbuck 'Rondo' Med spit, Webber Kettles, Small SS battery spit , 5 Burner beefmaster, gasmate portable bbq,

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!