Masterbuilt Charcoal Series Gravity Grill

• I've moved the posts which should have gone in to the What Are You Cooking thread.

Big Green Egg - aSmoke Grill - Weber Kettle - GMG Davy Crockett - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller

• I've moved the posts which should have gone in to the What Are You Cooking thread.

Thanks. That's where it was supposed to be. Guess one to many beers before posting 😂

2018 Weber Genesis (jets drilled for more power "Tim the Toolman" style)  Weber Gold Kettle Companion Pizza oven (gas) Bunnings $85 Jumbuck Charcoal Rotti GMG Daniel Boone Prime

• Got the cover today... :) gotta be happy with that & the fact it cost me less than the advertised recommended retail price they want here. :thumbup: .

Ziggy Trpl. ....Z Grill 700E.....Aldi/Masterbuilt & Camp Chef Gassers... Camp Chef cast iron.....Thermoworks Smoke.....ASmoke Grill.300....Masterbuilt 560.

• And this arrived today.....would get a run tonight if I wasn't crook as a dog... :mad as::mad as: .

You also get the rod for the 1050 if anyone would like it.

Ziggy Trpl. ....Z Grill 700E.....Aldi/Masterbuilt & Camp Chef Gassers... Camp Chef cast iron.....Thermoworks Smoke.....ASmoke Grill.300....Masterbuilt 560.

• The only downside with the rotti is it has to be removed....motor & all if you are cooking above 450F.

• Just to get back to where I was last week....by late afternoon I had somewhat started to feel better & that I did now feel like dinner......so off to the shops for a chook & a salad. :yum)

On to the Rotti @195c for a spin & this 2kg bird was ready in around 80min all up.

Thing was about 30 mins before it was ready I found myself in the position of knowing I now could not each more than a wing as the crook guts was back and angry :cursing::cursing: .......this sure was a weird introduction as to what was actually going to occur @ around 3.00am the next morning when I was raced of to hospital in an Ambulance. :shock:

Sure was nice the bit I had and hanging to do one I get to eat!....the girl loved it so much she almost smashed the whole chook on her own. :bbq::bbq::yum):yum).

• So I've been looking at getting one of these. In fact if I can get one at a decent price I will definitely get one. It was recommended to move my Charcoal chook question here to get the opinion of the MB 560 experts :)

Every time I go past the charcoal chicken shop in Marsden Park my senses get assaulted by the smell of their chicken. Tastes amazing too.

Is it possible to duplicate this? Note I'm not talking smoked chicken. In the shop they have a heap of rotisseries over a pit of charcoal which the fats drip down onto. Mouth watering just thinking about it.

Has anyone done a chicken in the MB 560 that gives a result like that at the charcoal chicken shop? So not smoked, but charcoal if you understand what I'm trying to get at.

2018 Weber Genesis (jets drilled for more power "Tim the Toolman" style)  Weber Gold Kettle Companion Pizza oven (gas) Bunnings $85 Jumbuck Charcoal Rotti GMG Daniel Boone Prime

• I’ve cooked great chook in it but wasn’t like the chicken shop. Chicken shop is all about cooking over charcoal with the juices dripping onto the charcoal giving it that unique taste.

weber performer, weber compact with gas conversion, napoleon rodeo, pro q 20", PBC, ziggy portable, ozpig with rotisserie, pro smoke offset, pit boss mini kamado, asmoke portable, master built 560.

• So I am having some sort of electrical issue. :cursing:

After powering on at the power point with success, when I the go to power on at the power board of the smoker it is not wanting to switch on....have to fart around with switches and power to get a connection.....eventually I get there but this should not occur, especially as you have your charcoal alight.

I am not the only one it seems...so as I am no electrician I have raised a warranty issue with BBQs galore.

:dunno: the waiting game begins!

• No good, after looking at the various Facebook groups it does seem like electrical problems are quite common. My only issue has been with the app and I bypassed my switch on the lid.

weber performer, weber compact with gas conversion, napoleon rodeo, pro q 20", PBC, ziggy portable, ozpig with rotisserie, pro smoke offset, pit boss mini kamado, asmoke portable, master built 560.

• I went into BBQ galore over the weekend in the hope of getting a bit of a sale pitch on the 560.

The sales assistant wasn’t great .... however this awesome customer stepped in and really sold how great the 560 is! Compared it to his experiences with his kamado.

(If was anyone on here- thank you very much for the help!)

This customer mentioned that if I am happy to wait, there is a new model coming to Australia that will have the rotisserie included. The is as much information I received about it...

I really should have asked him more questions 🤦‍♀️

While the rotisserie being included isn’t make or break, I can see people have experienced problems with wifi, the fan, and other software issues. And I am assuming a newer model should mean these issues have been resolved.

Does anyone know the model our peep might have been referring to? Could this be the 800?

I am really hoping I haven’t misunderstood what he said and I have just made all this up.

✌️

• I’ve cooked great chook in it but wasn’t like the chicken shop. Chicken shop is all about cooking over charcoal with the juices dripping onto the charcoal giving it that unique taste.

Yeah, charcoal chicken is all about vaporised chicken fat smoke. I have one of those cheapo adjustable grills where I can raise or lower the height of the charcoal, they were not much over $100 new, it still produces the best chicken out of ALL my bbq's.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• You can get an $85 charcoal rotisserie from Bunnings. There's a separate thread about my quest for "charcoal chicken".

• Hi all. I'm new here. Looking into buying a Masterbuilt gravity feed. I contacted Masterbuilt Australia last week about the 800 model. They said they had no plans to bring it to Australia at this stage.

• This customer mentioned that if I am happy to wait, there is a new model coming to Australia that will have the rotisserie included. The is as much information I received about it...

I really should have asked him more questions

The MB gravity 800, no due date as yet but at least Aug-Sept before we see it. Rotis is NOT included, the 800 has an included Hotplate/griddle

• Some additions to the 560....seems like the drip tray reduces the flame after tonight's run though.

Got none of this occurring tonight with that drip tray.....next cook will tell!

Edited once, last by gourmetgalaxy ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!