Couldn’t help myself!

• Been looking at these for a while and when on popped up locally on Facebook I had to have it!
    Used once I managed to get it for $450.

weber performer, weber compact with gas conversion, napoleon rodeo, pro q 20", PBC, ziggy portable, ozpig with rotisserie, pro smoke offset, pit boss mini kamado, asmoke portable, master built 560.

• @Narm Naleg yeah mate came with the plates, only thing missing was the fat bucket.

weber performer, weber compact with gas conversion, napoleon rodeo, pro q 20", PBC, ziggy portable, ozpig with rotisserie, pro smoke offset, pit boss mini kamado, asmoke portable, master built 560.

• Yeah mate always on mine as well. Love the idea of a lazy day managing the fire and creating a great meal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• So I managed to get the smoker into a position in my back yard. The sucker weighs in at 102kgs so on a split leveled block with stairs it took a bit of effort. But with my trusty handmade motorbike ramps I managed it by myself.
    After a bit of research decided to use just lump for the fuel source for the first cook as it's meant to be the easiest to control.
    Didn’t want to ruin a good piece of meat so decided to cook a 3kg turkey that the local Woolies where getting rid of in a fire sale after Christmas for $6.75.
    Turned out pretty good, temp really easy control. Was really happy how this thing works and now will be confident enough to start cooking the good cuts of meat on her.

• Nice outcome. I tried using lump or heat beads in the Hark offset I had but couldn't get the pit up to temp. The heat beads were great for a fire base but I needed some sticks to really get it going.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• I actually did start with a chimney of heat beads and the lump took pretty quickly to it. When I loaded it up I had to back the dampers off to 1/4 cause it flew up to 350f in no time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Hi everyone, Great buy on the offset. I had a Flaming Coals Offset and found the perferated charcoal baskest that bbq spit rotisseries sell work great in them with lump charcoal or briquets. You set them up and run them with a minion setup and will do 7-8 hours with no problems.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!