Louisiana Vertical smoker

• Picked up one of these when in Costco a while back. Loving it so far. A few venison Kranskys turned out really nice. Have also done normal sausages, Bacon, Chickens, Lamb, heaps of jerky, there's more that I can't think of at the moment but so far every thing has turned out great. I was a bit worried about getting this at first because of some reviews of it I had read but thought I would take a gamble as Costco are pretty good with returns. so far no problems,

• It comes with 6 racks, I bought the hooks extra and they are just hanging off the top rack.
    Funny story how I ended up with this, I first bought the $600 pit boss from Bunnings. Got home which is 100 k away and the top of it was all smashed in. So back in the vechicle and another drive, It was the last one they had so give me a refund. Anyway the missus said why don't we go to Costco around the corner and get the bigger one you've been looking at. She didn't have to tell me twice, so glad the smaller one was damaged as this one has so much more space.

• I agree, the choice between the two is easy. The Costco one is much bigger, can take a tonne of pellets and I love how smooth the wheels are. It seems very well built. And the Costco pellets are pretty great too.

• Yea the Costco one seems a lot better quality, of course I had already had most of the pitboss one put together as you start with it upside down and I didn't notice the damage until I turned it over. I had already grabbed a bag of pellets when I bought the Bunnings one for $30 for 9 kg. When I seen the Costco ones for $45 for 18 kg I grabbed 4 of them, have to go back and get some more soon.

• I first bought the Bunnings one as I had read about people saying they had trouble with the Costco one throwing code errors and having trouble with them, then I read if you follow the start up procedure properly you won't have any trouble so I thought what the hell i'll give it a go. 1 bag of 9kg pellets and 3 bags of 18kg pellets latter and not one problem so I am a happy camper. I hope I haven't jinxed myself. But so much more room in this one it's great.

• I think the vertical at Costco is the most space practical pellet BBQ I've seen. If I didn't have the GMG Daniel Boone I'd get it in a heartbeat. Having the GMG already I just can't pry myself off the WiFi and app features because I find them so useful.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!