Char griller ceramic kamado accessories compatibility hint

• Hi All,

I am a newbie (from VIC) to the Kamado cooking and to the forum :) , just thought to share some info which may help another one in finding the compatible accessories from other brands.

- bought my first kamado ( Char-griller ceramic ) from bunnings ( was lucky to grab a display unit at Notting Hill bunnings for $500).

- after few unsuccessful attempts to get information about the compatible heat deflector for that model from bunnings I noted that I can order one online from their website ( around 60 AUD as per my memory).

But I wasn't happy with that and kept on scouring the web for more options ( even looked at a DYI solution but gave up due to the difficulty of bending steel etc ).

luckily I landed on the 'Kamado size confusion thread' on this forum and got to confirm my thought about the accessories must be driven by the diameter size ofthe kamado.

So I went ahead and bought a 'Egg-spander' basket which is a OEM part for Big Green Egg to be used as the cooking grid and heat defector ( 33 - 35 cm pizza stone) holder , and I can say it's miles ahead than the bunnings version of the heat deflector. (This is good value for money at 85 AUD compared to 60 AUD part from bunnings which is just a deflector)

In case of Char-griller ceramic ( 18 inch ) , almost all the accessories from Big Green Egg 'Large' and Kamado Joe 'Classic' are compatible with this model.

Thanks and hope the above info may be helpful to someone new :).

Kind regards
    Rods

Kamado Joe - classic II, Smart Fire controller, Ziggy twin grill

• Thanks guys :)

this is the item I mentioned about: https://www.biggreenegg.com.au/accessory/eggs…veggtor-basket/ ( the item is not on sale online so you'll have to find one of the dealers from the company web page and then ring them with the part number. Most of them do not know the part by it's name so make sure you quote the part number ).

Chris is a BGE dealer and worth looking up. I will give him a plug as he is very informative and a stand up guy. https://urbangriller.com

My possessions: GMG DB - Ziggy Triple

• +1 on Chris.

Helped me big time on a second hand Saffire Kamado purchase.
    Great service and yes a great stand up guy.

@rodzTo give you some idea i live in Brisbane and he is in Perth and he still helps me :clap:

Enjoy your "Q"
    James

Primo XL, GMG Davy Crockett, Char-Broil Grill2go, Akorn Jr and Weber Baby Q.

• Hi mate,

I just picked up the same thing from Bunnings in Toowoomba for $400. But i can't seem to find the ceramic stone heat deflector anywhere. Would you have a link to look at what you got?

I went looking elsewhere as I was sure that there would have to be other brands made from the same moulding but where to get them from...

Thanks so much!

• Hi mate,

I just picked up the same thing from Bunnings in Toowoomba for $400. But i can't seem to find the ceramic stone heat deflector anywhere. Would you have a link to look at what you got?

I went looking elsewhere as I was sure that there would have to be other brands made from the same moulding but where to get them from...

Thanks so much!

Hey Mate,

What I used when I got mine is a pizza stone. that worked out really well for me.

So I got an expander rack accessory from BGE brand and used a 33cm pizza stone as I remember. ( just get the cheapest stone available from a kitchen store or bunnings ).

• Thanks mate. excuse my naivity but GBE is Big Green Egg? Where do you get the expander rack assy? I'll have a google now but thanks!

Hi Mate, really sorry for the late reply

I got my eggspander rack from outdoors domain in Mt waverley.

Please let me know if you need further info.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!