asmokegrill

• They use around 235w when the igniter is on initially and then about 35w or less during normal operation for the fans and auger. Ignore what the manual says about needing a 1000w inverter

Royal Kamado - ASMOKE Pellet Grill - Hark Vertical Smoker - Jumbuck Pellet Pizza Oven - Anova sous vide - Weber Q

• The manual says that if you use the manual start up procedure, the thing will run off a 100w inverter. What confuses me is the bit about lighting the pellets with it off and using a firelighter and gas torch but then it says go to step 2 of the normal startup which is the step activating the heat rod. So in effect, that part will still draw a lot more than the 100w inverter can handle, even if it's just for a short time. :shrug:

Big Green Egg - aSmoke Grill - Weber Kettle - GMG Davy Crockett - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller

• Pull the controller out and unplug the heat rod, problem solved for camping. When you get home plug it back in. It should only be a 5 min job as you do need to be able to replace the heat rod. I might do this for camping as well.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• I remember reading somewhere that if you light it manually and get up to a certain temp (130f) the heat rod won't activate. I was thinking of putting a switch on mine to activate / de-activate the heat rod. Not that I need to, but like to tinker.

Royal Kamado - ASMOKE Pellet Grill - Hark Vertical Smoker - Jumbuck Pellet Pizza Oven - Anova sous vide - Weber Q

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!