Solidteknics pan for $59

• This is only available through Kickstarter. 21cm pan for $59 plus shipping. I jumped on as I want to try them out. This one is lighter at 2.5mm vs the normal 3mm.

5 days only left if you want one, I think it said this one will only be available from Kickstarter.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/solidteknics/solidteknics-lightning-iron-skillet-100-australian-made?ref=d3ebn1&fbclid=IwAR3RE5o4CksozXtC3NuPqzDRTk4DCEF948YGvjBdhjz2zynm-LhjJJq7BNA

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• Official Post

We're thinking about it but we have two 21x3mm pans and the large pan as well.

They are brilliant to cook on but more importantly, there's no teflon coating which means they are chemical free.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• I jumped on this a couple of weeks ago, although I missed out on the early bird pricing. We've got one of their 26cm pans and love it.
    My wife can't really pick it up with one hand and toss it around though so I'm hoping this smaller and lighter one might be better for her.

Royal Kamado, Primo Oval XL, Akorn jr, GMG Daniel Boone and Pit Barrel Cooker

• Going to check these out at my local Kitchen Warehouse when they are all in stock.
    The shipping makes it the same as the RRP price, and i'm not in any rush.

My only gripe with these is the handles are so long, which can make it hard to close the lid on the kamado with one of these inside.
    Would love a "pot" from them at this sorta price point without a big long handle.

• Not on a Primo. @fury :biglol:

Will invest in one of these as the wife's Bday is coming up. :thumbup:

Never had one of these before so am a little excited.

Wife reckons i bought for me but i am still telling her she will probably use it more than i will.

lets see what its like when it turns up.

Enjoy your "Q"
    James

Primo XL, GMG Davy Crockett, Char-Broil Grill2go, Akorn Jr and Weber Baby Q.

Edited once, last by Jimmy70 (May 25, 2020 at 6:17 PM).

• Going to check these out at my local Kitchen Warehouse when they are all in stock.
    The shipping makes it the same as the RRP price, and i'm not in any rush.

From the Kickstarter page:

We don't intend to make our new Lightning range available for purchase through our website or retail stores, so this Kickstarter campaign is your only chance to secure this lighter, best-value pan!

So looks like you've only a couple of days if you want one.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• That's what I read as well. So thought what the hell. I have looked at these before and I am thinking with a little care these could be really good. Test the water with this one and see what happens.

I am assuming the seasoning component is no big deal ?

Enjoy your "Q"
    James

Primo XL, GMG Davy Crockett, Char-Broil Grill2go, Akorn Jr and Weber Baby Q.

• That's what I read as well. So thought what the hell. I have looked at these before and I am thinking with a little care these could be really good. Test the water with this one and see what happens.

I am assuming the seasoning component is no big deal ?

You are thinking like me, been eyeing them off so jumped to give them a go. @Gumb can hopefully answer the seasoning question.

• Official Post

Seasoning is not hard. They have very comprehensive instructions which came with the pans and we followed that to the letter. Initial seasoning involves heating, coating with oil and placing in the oven.

External Content
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Now, after each cook, we just wipe over with a soapy cloth, put it back on some low heat and give the pan a very light coating of oil by wiping it around with a paper towel. It's only a very very thin layer.

If you need to go back and start again, you can use fine steel wool to take the pan back to it's original unseasoned state, which I'm about to do with one of ours.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• If you need to go back and start again, you can use fine steel wool to take the pan back to it's original unseasoned state, which I'm about to do with one of ours.

Out of curiosity, why?

• Official Post

I don't think we got the first one quite right. The others were much better and while it's not a problem, it hasn't got that evenly sealed look the others have so we might give it a go by starting again. Probably more of an experiment that a real need. You can't kill these things so it's nice to know there's always a way back to the start if you find food is sticking a bit.

• Official Post

Absolutely and that's where we use ours, not in the BBQ.

The fact that you're cooking on a chemical free surface is a huge bonus and once they're seasoned, the food doesn't stick. You still add some oil or butter as you normally would when starting to cook.

We also have the wok because we do a lot of stir fry veggies and wouldn't go back to teflon coated pans.

• From the Kickstarter page:
    We don't intend to make our new Lightning range available for purchase through our website or retail stores, so this Kickstarter campaign is your only chance to secure this lighter, best-value pan!

So looks like you've only a couple of days if you want one.

Ahh that's a pity.
    If that's the case i'll give it a pass until they bring out a pot in this lightning range without a big handle.
    Good piece of kit undoubtedly but I have enough pans and lacking of kitchen space :)

• Got an e-mail today, they started shipping yesterday. I'm quite looking forward to getting mine.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!