Rolled Pork Loin in the BGE

• Most of the regulars on here know I usually fail trying to get good crackle but this time, I nailed it :) And no, I didn't have to use the Searzall. :D

This rolled pork loin was cooked in the Big Green Egg at just over 200c for about an hour until the internal hit 135F. It probably could have come out a bit sooner but it was good quality free range Otway pork so it was very tender and juicy.

I had it sitting on an elevated rack in the BGE and to get it dry I slit it in thin strips and poured boiling water over it the night before. It was patted dry and left uncovered in the fridge until the next evening.

Very happy with the result and the crackle was excellent. The spuds and pumpkin were also done in the egg.

Big Green Egg - aSmoke Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller

• Very nice indeed. Love that animal. :yum):yum)
    I have never done the boiling water trick and I was tempted on the last cook but just can't commit to it.

Jumbuck 7 burner with hood. Baby Weber kettle. 52" Kettle. Weber Go Anywhere. 5' SS Spit rotisserie. Offset smoker. Akorn Kamado. :) ASMOKE AS500N. Hibachi.:bbq:

• couldn't resist. 8o

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Enjoy your "Q"
    James

Primo XL, GMG Davy Crockett, Akorn Jr and Ziggy Portable.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!