Weber Hard Rubbish Find

• Driving home today I spotted a familiar shape amongst the hard rubbish outside a neighbours house. It was filthy, still full of wet ash, missing the lid, had a bent leg and the lid stand was hanging off. But a few hours of cleaning, a couple of minor repairs and a lid I’d picked up when I considering building an UDS and she’s back in service smashing out some chicken nibbles.

Amazing what people throw out.

• BBQDave

Changed the title of the thread from “Webber Hard Rubbish Find” to “Weber Hard Rubbish Find”.
  • Good score mate ,:clap:

I picked one up off gumtree for 10 bucks a few days ago - had to hide in the back shed so the missus didn’t see next to the other two I already got ;):bbq:

Never enough BBQ
    5 Burner beefmaster, Webber Q, Flaming coals Spit , Pro Smoke Offest. Pot belly stove

• Score of the year so far, and will be hard to beat.

Big Green Egg - Weber Kettle - GMG Davy Crockett - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller

• Good score mate ,:clap:

I picked one up off gumtree for 10 bucks a few days ago - had to hide in the back shed so the missus didn’t see next to the other two I already got ;):bbq:

I know what you mean. My wife response when I pulled it out of the car was “why do you need that dirty old thing?”

• Very jealous of that find. I'm always on the lookout but now that Brisbane council has cancelled kerbside for the next 2 years it's gonna be a lot harder.

20" Reverse flow Offset, Weber GA, Weber kettle

• A lot i'd say. I found out a while ago my father took a MBH brown Weber to the dump about 4 years ago. From looking at old photos of it, it was in perfect condition and was at least 40 years old. I'm kicking myself now that i wasn't into this type of bbq back then as it would be a killer bbq.

20" Reverse flow Offset, Weber GA, Weber kettle

• I once went to Perth to pick up 3 webers I spotted on Gumtree.

Got 3 Webers for a total of $100.

However, it was a long weekend with double demerits. I lost 2 points and got fined something ;(like $200. Ended up expensive second hand Webers.

Weber Magnum, Old Weber Kettle, Weber Kettle with gas fitting, Weber Q320, Weber Go Anywhere, Akorn, Giotto ECM[size=12]

• Just found a vintage yellow Webber on eBay in Vic for $20000 I’m sure it’s a bargain.

Wouldn’t find that on the footpath.

Never enough BBQ
    5 Burner beefmaster, Webber Q, Flaming coals Spit , Pro Smoke Offest. Pot belly stove

• However, it was a long weekend with double demerits. I lost 2 points and got fined something ;(like $200. Ended up expensive second hand Webers.

How the hell did you manage to wind up the old Patrol fast enough to get done for speeding?? ;)

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• G’day

Sorry for any confusion. It’s actually a 2007 kettle. The handles were burnt and buggered so I made a set of new ones from a bit of tassie oak. Much prefer wood handles reminds me of my old Weber from the 80s.

Regards dave

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!