What are you cooking - August

• And away we go again.

Rules 3 pics MAX per post

1 post per cook.

This thread is for quick pics only.

We encourage everyone to put more detailed posts in the Livestock/Airborne/Aqua etc. area. That way they can be referred to over time whereas in here they will get lost.

Big Green Egg - Weber Kettle - GMG Davy Crockett - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller

• 500g ribeye on the primo, swimming in a pool of jus. There was also some charred broccolini from the garden and some chips but no pic of it all together.

Royal Kamado, Primo Oval XL, Akorn jr, GMG Daniel Boone and Pit Barrel Cooker

• Sunday lamb. Thrown together wet rub of paprika, cumin, pepper, salt, brown sugar, garlic, onion, thyme and rosemary. Blitzed up in the food processor and applied liberally.

Two hours in. Maybe another hour to go.

All done.

• Wow ! And brilliant effort on the pics too. :thumbup:

Big Green Egg - Weber Kettle - GMG Davy Crockett - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller

• One day I'm going to try using the Maximus without a flaming fire and go for a charcoal fire in the back, similar to what happens in a high end WFO. maybe it won't hold the temp but I want to try anyway.

• New ash basket arrived today, and I had a chook that needed cooking. So I lit up the kamado, trussed the chicken and hit it with a new rub I bought, Loot n booty - everything rub, and rotisserised that shit over charcoal and a chunk of cherry.

Results

Amazing flavours with a little spice, sweet and sticky, very tasty, one of my best chook-cooks yet.

Dusty Moose Bullet smoker, Lamb spit, Dino Egg - Kamado, Jumbuck Portable pizza Oven, Beefer - Chinese knock off

• Italian Beef. In a word Disappointing! Just a flavor thing. I think correcting the broth and simmering much longer will make the next round better. Along with much more juice on the sandwich.

What is best in life? "To crush your BBQ opponents, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."

• New ash basket arrived today, and I had a chook that needed cooking. So I lit up the kamado, trussed the chicken and hit it with a new rub I bought, Loot n booty - everything rub, and rotisserised that shit over charcoal and a chunk of cherry.

I've also been using that rub, it's really good on most things. It's better than their chicken rub that I've also got sitting in the pantry.

Good lookin chook!

Royal Kamado, Primo Oval XL, Akorn jr, GMG Daniel Boone and Pit Barrel Cooker

• Italian Beef. In a word Disappointing! Just a flavor thing. I think correcting the broth and simmering much longer will make the next round better. Along with much more juice on the sandwich.

How did you do it?

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• Cooked the beef, then sliced it very thin. Made the giardiniera in advance, it takes about 3 days. To heat the meat I used the cooking broth, which did not have the correct flavor, plus it was at night and I was rushing it. It did not get to cook into the meat long enough. And I simply did not have enough of "da juice"...

Is that what you ment?

What is best in life? "To crush your BBQ opponents, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."

• Scotch fillet and spuds on the mini kamado

• Fired up the old girl for a couple of racks of pork ribs and 2kgs of wings.

weber performer, weber compact with gas conversion, napoleon rodeo, pro q 20", fornetto bullet 18", PBC, ziggy portable, ozpig with rotisserie,
    pro smoke offset, pit boss mini kamado.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!