Hobbies what are they other than BBQ ???

• Just interested in what other hobbies people on here have other than BBQ.

Me: currently (subject to change)

Bourbon. Go to is anything Wild Turkey aka "Bush Chook".

Wet shaving (Relatively New Hobby) Rockwell 6S DE razor with antique Elka Blades and Proraso soap.

I have seen Aquaponics on here but what other interests are members into ???

Enjoy your "Q"
    James

Primo XL, GMG Davy Crockett, Char-Broil Grill2go, Akorn Jr and Weber Baby Q.

• Jimmy70 August 27, 2020 at 8:29 PM

Changed the title of the thread from “Hobbys what are they other than BBQ ???” to “Hobbies what are they other than BBQ ???”.
  • Fishing , shooting and rooting:P

Never enough BBQ

Primo XL, Imperial Kamado, Pro Smoke Offest, Pot belly stove, Flaming coals Spit , Jumbuck 'Rondo' Med spit, Webber Kettles, Small SS battery spit , 5 Burner beefmaster, gasmate portable bbq,

• There is the 'What P'd you off thread', that seems to be a hobby for some .... :biglol:

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• Must get myself another bottle of Bush Chook. Currently working on some JD and Crown Royale, as well as some Don Julio Tequila.

Hobbies wise, I used to race pushbikes. Now I just ride mountain bikes.

Does cooking, and drinking beer, red wine and coffee count hobbies?

WSM 18' Smoker (since Christmas 2019 = certified "L" Plater) / Everdure Cube / Gas 4 burner / Metters' Dover No. 7 Wood Stove

• Oh I also drink VB ( tins) Bundy Rum and Tequila ( patron preferred) :thumbup:

Never enough BBQ

Primo XL, Imperial Kamado, Pro Smoke Offest, Pot belly stove, Flaming coals Spit , Jumbuck 'Rondo' Med spit, Webber Kettles, Small SS battery spit , 5 Burner beefmaster, gasmate portable bbq,

• Music....Although I need to listen to more.....more often!

Gardening....but that is getting harder these days.

Bourbon....Buffalo Trace or Woodford reserve.

& Staying alive.....:|

Z Grill MINI.....Aldi Gasser.......Thermoworks Smoke...., Masterbuilt portable Charcoal Grill.

• I too love a good wet shave. I'm using a Merkur Slant Bar 37C with Feather blades. I've been doing it for a few years now. I used to get really bad shaving rash and now its only if i do a rushed job that i get it.

20" Reverse flow Offset, Weber GA, Weber kettle

• Steman I will be getting some Feather Blades once i run out of the Elka ones.

Wife was cleaning out some old stuff from her fathers place the other day and asked will you use these Razors ? Thinking i would just use them to cut stuff with.

I recognised them straight away as DE (double edge) Blades and said yep i will. I used to use a DE until i think she bought me some Mach 3 cartridges about 15 years ago.

Popped in to Shavershop and got a cheap Wahl set (razor & boar brush) with the Proraso and have really enjoyed the process.

Fathers day coming up so i told my kids i wanted the Rockwell 6S and its here but they wont let me use it.;(

I think these Elka blades are like 40 years old but still in workable condition and theres about 60 of them.

Am now looking for a good scuttle and brush.

Do you use a Badger or Synthetic Brush ?

Enjoy your "Q"
    James

• Jimmy70 I've just got a cheap badger brush that came in the starter kit i originally got. I'd still be using the original razor from that if i didn't leave it in the wall cavity when i was renovating and put a mirror over that cavity.

When i first started out i got a trial pack of 5 different blades to see what works best with my skin. Feather was by far the closest and cleanest shave i've gotten. Little to no tugging on the neck area where as some of the other blades were still quite rough. Now i use all the left over blades for cutting the skin of pork belly and other things.

i just use a little ceramic ramekin from the kitchen for foam my cream in. works a treat and is cheap as chips.

Check out http://www.bearandblade.com.au or http://www.mensbiz.com.au for heaps of shaving related stuff. Huge range at both from entry level to high end fancy stuff. Will work out cheaper than shaver shop as well. I have ordered from both and postage has always been 2-3 day.

20" Reverse flow Offset, Weber GA, Weber kettle

• Thanks mate.

Ordered the Rockwell from Beard and Blade.

Yeah the first DE razor i bought from shavershop was only a cheapy.

i will try the other blades and see which ones work for me.

Enjoy your "Q"
    James

• I still have them but don't fly anymore. I'll probably get back into it.

I use to race superbikes and would love to get another but I'm not allowed.

So now it's just Whiskey, fishing and getting away. And the obvious, BBQ

Jumbuck 7 burner with hood. Baby Weber kettle. 52" Kettle. Weber Go Anywhere. 5' SS Spit rotisserie. Offset smoker. Akorn Kamado. :) ASMOKE AS500N. Hibachi.:bbq:

• I call it a hobby.

You could just be like a lot of others who only use cartridge razors but no you take the time to enjoy the process and get a nice close shave.

What Razor is that in the stand in the background ? Is that a badger brush or synthetic ?

Enjoy your "Q"
    James

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!