So going to attempt Pizza's on the Kamado tomorrow and looking for tips?
My plan was to
- Light and open bottom vent and top vent both full open
- Put Deflector in, grill down, then put a pizza stone on top of the grill, or should i not bother with deflector and just let the direct heat hit the bottom of the pizza stone?
- Let it warm up for 30mins - wait till temps are 350c +
- While warming up, stretch pizza dough (bought some fresh balls from bakery today), not roll it just stretch it, put it on baking paper, add some pizza sauce and toppings
- use pizza peel to put the pizza and the baking paper onto the pizza stone
- 2m in open back up (burping) and pull the baking paper out
- Expecting it will take 5-10mins to be ready so keep a close eye on it..