aSmoke Pellet Grill - first cook and reviews

• All good so far...took less than 10 minutes to hit 246c+....now settled well for burn in.

Liking this little unit thus far.8):thumbup:.....See how tonight's cook goes...:tongue::bbq:

Ziggy Trpl. ....Z Grill 700E.....Aldi/Masterbuilt & Camp Chef Gassers... Camp Chef cast iron.....Thermoworks Smoke.....ASmoke Grill.300.

• Well I used it for dinner tonight.....thing is I forgot to get any cooking photos..:shrug::eek:.

May be due to the Bourbon intake perhaps.

Needless to say it did not miss a beat and dinner was a treat.

Lamb rack with wholegrain mustard & garlic rub and the rosemary.

Done @ 204c all the way.......:yum).

Also I can't seem to register on the web site......keen for some others feedback here please....:shrug:........well Bruckster for now!...:nana:

Ziggy Trpl. ....Z Grill 700E.....Aldi/Masterbuilt & Camp Chef Gassers... Camp Chef cast iron.....Thermoworks Smoke.....ASmoke Grill.300.

• Well I’m underway. Let’s see what happens.

On my priming the first thing to land in the fire pot was a small black screw!

It’s a small pan head so I’m pretty sure it’s got nothing to do with the auger and everything worked fine during the burn in so hopefully it was just excess during the build.

weber performer, weber compact with gas conversion, napoleon rodeo, pro q 20", fornetto bullet 18", PBC, ziggy portable, ozpig with rotisserie,
    pro smoke offset, pit boss mini kamado.

• It’s a small pan head

Similar to the screws from underneath....perhaps check there......don't ask how I know where it may be from....:dunno::S

• Yep very similar. It’s brand new though, the thread is untouched so that’s a positive!

weber performer, weber compact with gas conversion, napoleon rodeo, pro q 20", fornetto bullet 18", PBC, ziggy portable, ozpig with rotisserie,

• Never missed a beat!

Had to go with blind trust as I had soccer, then netball and then dropping my eldest off to work before I could really check how it was going.

Took it off when it hit 200f, wrapped in foil for a rest for pulled lamb rolls when everyone returns home.

• I do like how the control board on these have indicators for the Motor, Ignitor, fan & No Pellet.

Giving it another run tonight....see what results.

• Did a piece of Porterhouse & some spuds tonight.

I am thinking the right side runs a little hotter than the left based on first 2 cooks.

Went for a 45 minute on smoke then ramped up to 204c.

Took the Porterhouse to an internal of 57c then pulled it to rest until internal was 60c while ramping up to 232c and opened the flame broiler .

Chucked the porterhouse back on till internal was 63c and it had a very good char as you can see....was worried that Mona may complain but she absolutely loved it to bits....said it was her favorite piece of Porterhouse to date....she loved the char so I guess I must have nailed it somewhat.:shrug::bbq::cheers:. Room to improve but I was very happy with the result.

• That's what I bought mine for....a really good sear on a nice bit of steak. :clap:

Big Green Egg - aSmoke Grill - Weber Kettle - GMG Davy Crockett - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller

• Good to see your really putting it through it’s paces.

My one is heading for the caravan where it will only be used for cooking slow.

• I did the burn in today, I'll be doing some wings on it tomorrow for the first cook.

A minor issue I had when I switched it to off after the burn in. I noticed a lot of white smoke after a couple mins. It turned out to be a smoldering pellet in the auger was being stoked by the fan and was pushing the smoke through the hopper.

I kept an eye on it to make sure the fire didn't spread through the auger, which it didn't, once the pellet burnt out it was fine.

Something to keep an eye on though.

Royal Kamado, Primo Oval XL, Akorn jr, GMG Daniel Boone and Pit Barrel Cooker

• Doing my burn in now. Seems to be working very well and getting up to temp quite quickly.

So far am very happy.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• Ok, so I found my first problem - it's me. Boys got home from school and wanted to check it out, so we went out the back and I said why is that still smoking, I turned that off hours ago, turns out I didn't turn the dial all the way to off, but only as far as smoke.

It was sitting there happily at 80 degrees burning up my pellets for no real reason.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• Well, at least it'll be well burnt in.

Big Green Egg - aSmoke Grill - Weber Kettle - GMG Davy Crockett - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller

• A few wings for my first cook. Everything worked well!

I'll have to try out the flame grill on something suitable next.

Royal Kamado, Primo Oval XL, Akorn jr, GMG Daniel Boone and Pit Barrel Cooker

• First cook last night a chunk of sirloin. For a cheap chunk of meat from Coles, it came out really well.

Initially smoked till IT of 48, rested for a good 20 to 30 minutes, then got to try the searing ability of this q. Searing worked really well.

• Wazza what temp did you crank it to for the sear? Did you leave the lid closed with the sear grate open?

Put it on the high setting, which is apparently 260. I opened the lid as the temp passed 200 as the gauge was rising very quickly and I could hear it cranking so figured it was flat out at that point.

Seared lid open as you needed to watch it, could have burned easily. Yes, sear gates open.

• The Asmoke is first smoker i have ever used and did my first cook on the weekend. Found it really easy to use and everything worked well.

Some pics of my chinese style bbq pork below.

The broiler plates got quite dirty due to the marinade but user manual says not to wash them. Anyone have any advice on how best to clean these?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!