What are you cooking - October

• Here we go for the month of October.

Remember, 3 pics maximum per post and only one post er cook. This thread is just for the quick pics which don't need any comment but please post details of full cooks in the other areas of the forum, we don't want to miss out on the details.

Big Green Egg - aSmoke Grill - Weber Kettle - GMG Davy Crockett - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller

• Just some pork ribs on the Primo.

Thanks Steman picked these up from Super Butcher nice and meaty.

Sunpork spare ribs they were great.

2.5 hours unwrapped.

2 hours wrapped with Butter/ Honey and Apple Cider.

30 mins unwrapped.

Enjoy your "Q"
    James

Primo XL, Akorn Jr and Ziggy Portable.

Edited once, last by Jimmy70 ().

• Teriyaki chicken on the family Q, with charred broccolini and squash.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• Jimmy70 , what was the pit temp ? They look great

Big Green Egg - aSmoke Grill - Weber Kettle - GMG Davy Crockett - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller

• Inspiration strikes. Slow cooked Pork Hocks with crackling. Schweinshaxe.

150c for four hours or probe tender in a tray with onions, carrots, celery and some German beer.

Put on different tray. Open the vents and keep a close eye on them.

Jumbuck 7 burner with hood. Baby Weber kettle. 52" Kettle. Weber Go Anywhere. 5' SS Spit rotisserie. Offset smoker and a Akorn Kamado. :)

• Should've taken some photos, but just spent the last week camping at Lane Poole Reserve. Cooked dinner every night over the camp fire.

• Devilled Sausages in camp oven
    • Lamb leg stewed in coconut cream with lemongrass and kaffir lime leaves
    • Tandoori chicken thighs grilled over the fire and served in wraps
    • Porterhouse steak with grilled potatoes

I know, I'll give myself this one :w

Chargriller Akorn Kamado | 57cm Weber Kettle | 47cm Weber Kettle (for camping)

• Lamb shoulder in the DB, ended up taking 7 hours. I was planning to wrap it but it powered through the stall so I let it ride naked.

Pulled and then had it in some pitas for dinner.

Also made lamb tacos for another dinner with leftovers.

Royal Kamado, Primo Oval XL, Akorn jr, GMG Daniel Boone and Pit Barrel Cooker

• First time cooking flounder. On the primo then drizzled with a brown butter and lemon sauce. Tasted good but I'm not sure flounder is my favourite fish.

Royal Kamado, Primo Oval XL, Akorn jr, GMG Daniel Boone and Pit Barrel Cooker

• Redeemed myself with the camp oven tonight... I am useless at presentation and food photos, so you're going to have to trust me when I say it was bloody DELICIOUS...

Found a recipe for "Italian Style roast/braised chicken" and tweaked it to taste... chicken thighs cooked in white wine, chicken stock, cream, chilli, sundried tomatoes, mushrooms, thyme, basil, garlic..

Looks horrible. Tastes awesome. Definitely doing this again...

• I was really happy with them. Have never really had a great Pork rib cook but these were just perfect. Couldn't get the membrane off the back so just cut it and put rub on left in fridge overnight and then cooked.

I must say though that the Sunpork ribs made a difference. So meaty.

They are the same brand as Costco.

Enjoy your "Q"
    James

• Couldn't get the membrane off the back so just cut it and put rub on

I'm guessing you know this, but saying just in case, a paper towel makes this job so much easier. Having said that, sometimes the membrane just doesn't want to play nicely.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• Wazza yep tried that at each corner and it just wouldn't play nicely so just opted to cut it. Generally have never had a problem with ribs and the membrane whether they be Pork or Beef.

First time for me that i couldn't remove it. :dunno:

Enjoy your "Q"
    James

• First time for me that i couldn't remove it. :dunno:

We had a set once in a comp we couldn't get it off. Four of us had a go at it, but it just wouldn't come off. Not what you want in the middle of a comp cook.

• Post by ArthurHolo ().

This post was deleted by Gumb: no pics and sus ().
  • Post by Captain ().

This post was deleted by Gumb: previous post deleted ().
  • Lamb shoulder in the DB,

That lamb looks awesome. What's the rub you're using there? Looks similar to a honey glaze we do on lamb shoulder that we cook hot and fast in the oven but yours is much, much more tender and tastier looking... :yum)

WSM 18' Smoker (since Christmas 2019 = certified "L" Plater) / Everdure Cube / Gas 4 burner / Metters' Dover No. 7 Wood Stove

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!