What are you cooking - October

• I do not think this is a very well liked dish in Australia, and I think that maybe, and correct me if I am wrong. You like your scones more as a sweet then savory component? Any how.

This batch took me back to the '80s and Klein's Truck Stop in Fresno just off Hwy 99! They were some of the best I have ever had, and this batch reminded me of them! You can use your imagination as to what I would have been doing in the hours preceding these meals! This would have been a full order at Klein's.

4p2amOjh.jpg

2oGGxbuh.jpg

x9BiVUph.jpg

"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

Edited 2 times, last by Bentley Meredith (October 12, 2020 at 6:54 AM).

• I didn't get any photos, but that looks just like what I did for dinner last night too!

Cheap beef roast rubbed and in the Kamado Dragon all day yesterday - ~3hrs naked, ~4.5hrs boated with beef stock, then shredded and a bottle of bbq sauce mixed in with the broth n thrown through it. Amazing tacos which the kids (and I) absolutely loved.

Saturday lunch I did brisket smashburgers... another new family favourite!

• That lamb looks awesome. What's the rub you're using there?

Thanks Matty. I just used Tree Bark, its a rub I bought a while ago, it's got heaps of rosemary in it so it's great for lamb. This time I used pomegranate molasses to stick the rub to the meat, it gave the crust some nice sticky caramelisation :thumbup:

Royal Kamado, Primo Oval XL, Akorn jr, GMG Daniel Boone and Pit Barrel Cooker

• Made 10kg of Kranskys today using a 70/30 pork beef ratio which worked out to be one pork shoulder, one pork neck and 1 flat of a brisket. Decided to put a good helping of carolina reaper chilli infused Gouda my sister made for me into half the batch and smoked for 2 hours on a hickory/apple wood blend until 65C.

• Nice 2kg slab of Porterhouse for Roast Beef with a smoky gravy & Spuds.

Done in the Z Grill @190c for internal 63c.....went a little higher while resting on the top of the grill until spuds were done....:yum):yum).

Z Grill MINI.....Aldi Gasser.......Thermoworks Smoke...., Masterbuilt portable Charcoal Grill.

• Outside of my Dad, I think I am the only one in my family that enjoyed this dish! So simple, yet so satisfying! My Dad preferred his onions raw and covering the bowl, I tend to enjoy them more cooked into the dish! This also had some wonderful Virginia Country Ham in it.

"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

• I picked up a little pork knuckle from woolies the other week. It was on spesh for 7 bucks so thought I'd give it a go.

I threw it in the Akorn Jr at about 240C for around 50 mins. It turned out so much better than I expected since it was big blob of jelly when I took it out of the pack.

Worth a try if you see them cheap!

Royal Kamado, Primo Oval XL, Akorn jr, GMG Daniel Boone and Pit Barrel Cooker

• Cooked a piece of grass fed eye fillet on the reverse side of the grill grates in Ziggy.

The plan was to cook it medium rare, slice in to small chunks and serve with fried rice.

Happy with the result.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• I had some lamb sausages to cook last night and decided to direct grill them on the BGE. It's been while since I've used the Egg like that and I'd almost forgotten how versatile a kamado actually is.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!