Hi All from NTH QLD

• Hi All, very new to the BBQ scene, keen to pick up some tricks and tools of the trade. Haven't even purchased a smoker yet, but having a big family has me looking at the big Komado's Any advice tips are ALWAYS appreciated.:bbq:

• Welcome to the forum, you're in the right place for tips and tricks. :)

A kamado is a great place to start and is the most versatile of all the cookers by far. What you buy depends on your budget but the Dragon from BBQs Galore or the Akorn from Bunnings have a lot of users here and all are happy with them. The next step would be a ceramic kamado which would be dearer but in my view, well worth the extra. Bunnings sell one or you could look at the Kamado Joe from BBQs Galore.

Happy hunting.

Big Green Egg - aSmoke Grill - Weber Kettle - GMG Davy Crockett - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller

• Hi All, very new to the BBQ scene, keen to pick up some tricks and tools of the trade. Haven't even purchased a smoker yet, but having a big family has me looking at the big Komado's Any advice tips are ALWAYS appreciated.:bbq:

Hi Gumb,

Thanks for the advice and welcome. I am looking at the Kamado Joe Big D&C. I figure if your going to do something, do it right and from everything I've read this will suit my needs well. I was originally looking at a WSM being a big Webber fan, but can't get past this Kamado now:biglol:

• Sound thinking, good choice and one you'll be happy with. :thumbup:

Big Green Egg - aSmoke Grill - Weber Kettle - GMG Davy Crockett - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller

• Welcome Kaos85 I live in Sydney these days but grew up in North QLD. My first (and currently only) smoker is a WSM which has been great to 'learn' on, but I wouldn't mind getting a Kamodo next (or for that matter an offset).

WSM 18' Smoker (since Christmas 2019 = certified "L" Plater) / Everdure Cube / Gas 4 burner / Metters' Dover No. 7 Wood Stove

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!