• But you can't open it until December ? That's domestic abuse. ;(

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• She is going to see the mother in law tomorrow and I am home alone. :/

Gee don't know how that happened it opened itself and set itself up that's how good these GMG's are :D

Enjoy your "Q"
    James

Primo XL, GMG Davy Crockett, Char-Broil Grill2go, Akorn Jr and Weber Baby Q.

• No way! That couldn’t be at my house without being opened.

weber performer, weber compact with gas conversion, napoleon rodeo, pro q 20", PBC, ziggy portable, ozpig with rotisserie, pro smoke offset, pit boss mini kamado, asmoke portable, master built 560.

• Isn’t that a form of torture !!;(

I’d open it and suffer the consequences :shrug:

Never enough BBQ

Primo XL, Imperial Kamado, Pro Smoke Offest, Pot belly stove, Flaming coals Spit , Jumbuck 'Rondo' Med spit, Webber Kettles, Small SS battery spit , 5 Burner beefmaster, gasmate portable bbq,

• So she has left the building. Standby. Better to beg for forgiveness than ask permission.

Bentley Meredith a couple of things.

1) I love wood fired cooking flavour. Wife prefers charcoal so this is for me.

2) Pizza attachment for these things is better than Kamado IMO.

3) I particularly love when I reverse sear from pellet to charcoal as flavour is just the best.

4) portability of grill.

5) GMG proven brand with great backup service.

I went down to the Gold Coast for a weekend away that the wife organised and 200 metres from where we were staying was this place to my wife's horror.

https://smokedbbqco.com.au/

Great couple who run the business and over that weekend we (read I) decided to buy it from them as they had just opened on the coast so I wanted to support them as well. New small business startup during COVID.

Ironically I had been searching for a second hand one for some time with no luck.

The day I was going to pick it up one appeared on the second hand market for $550. These are $849 here. Not worth it I would only ever pay 50% of new price on second hand Grills. It disappeared the next day which tells me how good these things are.

He also through in a cover and 15kgs of Pellets.:thumbup:

I am only waiting on the pizza attachment now as COVID has delayed items from china. Two weeks approx which just means I will drive down to the coast and have a swim pick it up and come home.

Enjoy your "Q"
    James

• Jimmy70 I seem to recall you may have once asked if the GMG Pizza attachment fitted the Z Grill....or maybe the Trager Pro 22.

They certainly do fit the Z Grill as a Z Griller purchased one for his a couple days ago.......fits to a tee & he smashed out some great Pizzas......probably would work with the Traeger too from the general opinion is they are pretty universal.

Z Grill MINI.....Aldi Gasser.......Thermoworks Smoke...., Masterbuilt portable Charcoal Grill.

• Ok yep there’s some info on the internet somewhere About it on a Traeger. I asked the question in one of the threads in here and I don’t think it ever really got answered.

That’s the larger attachment for the DB & JB models. I doubt the DC attachment would fit :biglol:

Enjoy your "Q"
    James

• So all set up and burn in done whilst Queensland Storm rolled through. Gabba will be wet tonight for footy for those of you who bet if it's any help.

Took legs off as it's ok on top of this mobile cupboard I have. Picked up an additional 300x600 tile which fits the length of the DC pretty well only hopper hangs over so no issues with combustion of wooden cupboard.

Discovered it will fit on the XL table next to the XL on the same tile so that's handy.

Pretty sure that will be enough separation if I am cooking on XL as well.

Had a massive overshoot on initial burn which is interesting. Will keep an eye on it. Has settled now to + or - 5f on 350f which I am OK with unless you experience otherwise Gumb ?

DB was more stable than this in my past experience.

As I said I am ok with it 5f is nothing really.

What I will say is that the DC is a hell of a lot louder than a DB. The Auger is a high pitched noise as opposed to the DB which all you ever heard was groaning whilst it was crunching Pellets.

Hang on whilst I type this this does not look normal.

Could be faulty sensor:dunno:

Temp is dropping again so that's interesting might let it run a little longer and see if it happens again.

Urban Griller am running prototype firmware. That's what I used to run on DB ?

Enjoy your "Q"
    James

• Probably a reverse sear steak. Ie reverse on the DC and then sear on Akorn JR or XL.

Hmmmm ok will update firmware to lastest and do another monitoring burn before contacting Hark.

Temp has settled to 350f again.

Enjoy your "Q"
    James

• So updated firmware to Latest and it sat on 350f for 20 mins Only went +or- 2f.

Obviously didn’t like prototype.

Nicely when I downloaded the GMG app again all of the profiles I had save previously came back which is actually pretty cool.

Enjoy your "Q"
    James

• Ok, so the question has to be asked, does the DC pizza attachment fit the Asmoke?

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• I can't help there, I have a pizza oven so never checked it out for the DC.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• Either that is one massive traegar, or that is a very little car....

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!