What are you cooking - November

• Here we go for November.

RULES: ONE post per cook

THREE pics max per post

So post away, we love seeing what everyone is up to.

If you don't know how to post pics, check the instruction video in the Tips and Tricks section.

Big Green Egg - aSmoke Grill - Weber Kettle - GMG Davy Crockett - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller

• Post by gourmetgalaxy ().

This post was deleted by the author themselves ().
  • Porky Pig or at least a part of him on the Spit.

Grubs Up!

Jumbuck 7 burner with hood. Baby Weber kettle. 52" Kettle. Weber Go Anywhere. 5' SS Spit rotisserie. Offset smoker and a Akorn Kamado. :)

• Haven’t had lamb ribs for ages as the place I was getting them from bumped their prices up to $40kg taking them to around $15 per rack. Found a new place $9kg making these ones $4.50 a rack much more reasonable!

Cooked on the PBC for 3.5hrs with cherry wood.

weber performer, weber compact with gas conversion, napoleon rodeo, pro q 20", fornetto bullet 18", PBC, ziggy portable, ozpig with rotisserie,
    pro smoke offset, pit boss mini kamado.

• Haven’t had lamb ribs for ages as the place I was getting them from bumped their prices up to $40kg taking them to around $15 per rack. Found a new place $9kg making these ones $4.50 a rack much more reasonable!

Cooked on the PBC for 3.5hrs with cherry wood.

They look good mate , can I ask where u got them ??

Never enough BBQ
    5 Burner beefmaster, Webber Q, Flaming coals Spit , Pro Smoke Offest, Pot belly stove, Webber Kettle

Jumbuck pizza oven, Jumbuck 'Rondo' Med spit.

• Yeah mate Superbarn Kingston. Brand new store has a really good butcher by the looks.

weber performer, weber compact with gas conversion, napoleon rodeo, pro q 20", fornetto bullet 18", PBC, ziggy portable, ozpig with rotisserie,

• Haven’t had lamb ribs for ages as the place I was getting them from bumped their prices up to $40kg

Amazes me still....back in the late 80s when running an independent Supermarket ....we used to have so many......we either rolled 6 together with stuffing in them & sold em for peanuts....made sausage mince...... made cheapo pets Bags or mostly had to chuck em out with our fat & bone collection.....hidden from the boss of course!!....how times they do change!!

Ziggy Trpl. ....Z Grill 700E.....Aldi/Masterbuilt & Camp Chef Gassers... Camp Chef cast iron.....Thermoworks Smoke.....ASmoke Grill.300.

• A small rolled pork loin roasted with duck fat spuds and pumpkin in the Cobb for dinner tonight.

Big Green Egg - aSmoke Grill - Weber Kettle - GMG Davy Crockett - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller

• Well it's gonna be a charcoal free month as we're moving to Tassie in December. I packed up the BBQ table and the beloved Joe. Packed the inside with layers of cardboard and crated it up.

So now we're running on the camping trailer Baby-Q and camping table. This little thing has cooked so much stuff in so many places and I do love using it.

As some of you may know, it's been a cracking few days in Melbourne with lockdown eased and glorious weather. By anyone's standards. Honest!! So after all that work we had a swim at the beach, whipped up some snapper ceviche and seared some scotch fillet on the Q.

~ Kamado Joe ~ Weber Smokey Joe ~ Weber Baby Q ~

• Checking outdoor camping section, I've put quite a few Cobb posts in there. I like using it to keep my hand in for when we take it away. Plus it does a bloody good job.

• A few racks of beef back ribs on the PBC. I really like cooking on this thing but for these ribs I can't get the membrane on the bone to break down enough/dry out so they are edible.

Maybe I'll give it more time bone side down on the grate to try and crisp them up.

Royal Kamado, Primo Oval XL, Akorn jr, GMG Daniel Boone and Pit Barrel Cooker

• Kookabanus When I do mine I always remove the membrane and haven’t lost any into the fire yet.

• Kookabanus When I do mine I always remove the membrane and haven’t lost any into the fire yet.

I might have to try that next time, I was worried they'd fall off otherwise.

When cooking these on a kamado or pellet grill I quite like the crispy membrane that forms, I guess it's because the heat comes from the bottom and hits the membrane/bones directly.

Royal Kamado, Primo Oval XL, Akorn jr, GMG Daniel Boone and Pit Barrel Cooker

• I've always wanted to attempt something similar to the Cubanos from the movie Chef. Figured tonight was the night!

Marinated the pork shoulder overnight in a mix of olive oil/fresh OJ(+zest)/lime juice(+zest)/mint/coriander/oregano/garlic/S+P.

Wrapped after a couple of hours with some of the marinade thrown in.

And finished!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!