Matador Radiant Move at Bunnings - Is this the Weber Go Anywhere 2.0?

• Official Post

Very interesting portable charcoal BBQ at Bunnings.

The Matador Radiant Move for $119 seems like a slightly upgraded version of the Weber Go Anywhere.

I'd love to give this baby a go:

Maximus Pizza Oven | GMG - Daniel Boone | Fire Pit | Cyprus Grill | Big Steel Keg | Blackstone Griddle | Weber Genesis |

• Official Post

Nice looking unit, I'll check it out next trip to Bunnies.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• They had a bunch of them at my local big red hammer next to some Everdure Cube's. Looked like it would be a fun unit to try. Seems to come with a little carry bag, which would be good to carry before first use, but not sure how practical it would be to pack up at the end of a long day cooking. Maybe more suitable for camping where you can pack away once it cools down vernight?

WSM 18' Smoker (since Christmas 2019 = certified "L" Plater) / Everdure Cube / Gas 4 burner / Metters' Dover No. 7 Wood Stove

• I used to look at the round little Matador whenever I went into Bunnings.

This looks of similar ilk wtih more usable grill space.

Do like it,

You talking about the $99 kettle?

I've got it and it's brilliant.

Solid build, comes with a carry bag and the grill is nice and thick.

I've had the cheaper ones and end up throwing them out after a few cooks as they start to get weak and fall apart.

I use it on picnics all the time or when I just want to knock up a small batch of steaks for the family at dinner time.

• I was eyeing off this little matador at bunnings last weekend too... Looks like a great little unit for the price. Very tempted to pick one up myself, I just need to figure out the ministerial justification first.

• Yeah, the mini kettle look-a-like.

Good to hear such a positive review!

I have a Pitboss 13" which serves our needs perfectly, otherwise would grab that Matador (or this one) to fit that purpose.

Also have the Evedure Cube to fit the portable/travel department as the Pitboss is Ceramic and a bit heavy for that.

• I just need to figure out the ministerial justification first.

Didn't you win 5th prize in a raffle? 8)

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• Yeah, the mini kettle look-a-like.

Good to hear such a positive review!

I have a Pitboss 13" which serves our needs perfectly, otherwise would grab that Matador (or this one) to fit that purpose.

Also have the Evedure Cube to fit the portable/travel department as the Pitboss is Ceramic and a bit heavy for that.

What's the everdure like?

Build quality still decent?

My old 4 burner is everdure and has been fantastic even after 10 years

• Build quality is really good for a small portable unit.... but the design is a bit lacking.

Air flow only comes in from on top (as opposed to the Webber GA and these Matador units where you have vents below).

The unit also doesn't have a lid like, so i made one out of a square cake pan... but it's not the most ideal for portability then... Still good for open grilling.

Attention has been put on ensuring that the outside remains cool to touch / young children friendly).

Supposedly there are reports of people getting theirs too hot and it warping - haven't experienced this though.

• I've got a cube but I'm yet to fire it up. I had wondered about the airflow bit, and the lid, both things I liked the sound of with the $99 kettle.

fury got ant tips for usage of the Cube?

WSM 18' Smoker (since Christmas 2019 = certified "L" Plater) / Everdure Cube / Gas 4 burner / Metters' Dover No. 7 Wood Stove

• Buy this Matador instead as it appears more versatile :D

Instead of continuing the Everdure Cube discussion here in this Matador thread, I'll link to the thread where i posted my little cube smoking:

Hey hey!

• Didn't you win 5th prize in a raffle? 8)

Problem solved. I pointed out that something like this would make cooking xmas lunch for the family much easier.. She took the bait and decided it'd make an easy way to kill 2 birds with 1 stone (for her) by suggesting it as my xmas present.

• I had a quick look on FB marketplace and saw a GA for $59.00 in Brisbane.

Check that first along with Gumtree :shrug:

Personally cant go past the original but that is personal choice.

Enjoy your "Q"
    James

Primo XL, Primo Jr, GMG Davy Crockett, Char-Broil Grill2go and Ziggy Portable.

• I reckon I'd try the Matador.

I'm interested in hearing how you go. I love my GA but the extra features on these sound great. If you have GA to compare to, can you please compare the dimensions? I have some GA accessories (roti stacker) that I would want to use with it. I'm also particularly interested in how insulated it is as well.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!