Matador Radiant Move at Bunnings - Is this the Weber Go Anywhere 2.0?

• Official Post

Why not just pop down to your local Bunnings with a tape measure ?

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• So I noticed the two matador portables that took “inspiration” from the Weber versions iE the Radiant (GA eq.) and the Go (Smokey joe clone) today at my Bunnings. Both had deteriorating paint / enamel from drops and dings… more so than my 30 year old Weber. It would be a hard pass for me.

• I purchased Matador Radiant Move from Bunning last Saturday and tried the BBQ out yesterday. I had reasonable success first time. I have a gas Weber Genesis E330 purchased January 2015 which I've been very happy with the cooking results which include whole chicken, lamb shoulder plus the normal other stuff)

I did miss the lack of that true BBQ smell and taste in the meats. So I though I'd dip my toe in the water with a cheap grill BBQ. I think I'll need a bit more practice with how to start the BBQ and then keep the coals glowing. I bought some Matador Lumpwood Charcoal, but I'm not sure if this the correct Fuel. I'm after some guidance is fuel correct. I've tried Youtube for help but didn't find anything.

• The Matador Charcoal will work but I'd suggest that Heat Beads (or Hot Shots) would be far better and a chimney to light them with makes life much easier too.

And in case you aren't aware, DO NOT buy any of those 'quick light' type BBQ briquettes as they contain fuel additives.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• If looking for cooking tips also search for Weber GA or Weber GoAnywhere which is a similar grill and the techniques will be the same.

Yes any decent charcoal will work. Matador is average, and will probably need to be smashed up a bit to suit, as the box I bought was all very large. You are looking to size them to something like 40x40x40mm cubes.

• Remember that the coals need oxygen. The more oxygen the more they'll burn. You shouldn't have any problems with the matador charcoal if you open the bbq vents enough.

Check for heat, not glow.

A chimney will make starting your bbq much easier.

Maximus Pizza Oven | GMG - Daniel Boone | Fire Pit | Cyprus Grill | Big Steel Keg | Blackstone Griddle | Weber Genesis |

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!