Sizzler Cheese Toast / Goodbye Sizzler

• Sizzler is finally closing closing up shop in Australia this week, with the final restaurant closing today.. I haven't eaten at one for over a decade but I still remember the cheese toast and potato skins.

Found this video on how to make their Cheese toast, which I thought I'd share for the nostalgia value. How Sizzler's Cheese Toast is Made

Couldn't one on how the make the potato skins. :(

WSM 18' Smoker (since Christmas 2019 = certified "L" Plater) / Everdure Cube / Gas 4 burner / Metters' Dover No. 7 Wood Stove

• I've been Sizzler free for 20 years. Can't say I miss it. They were found to have very poor hygiene standards in at least one store a while back which put me off for good.

Maximus Pizza Oven | Fire Pit | Cyprus Grill | Big Steel Keg | GMG - Daniel Boone | Weber Genesis |

• Yeah, to be honest, it's probably closer to 20 years since I went to a Sizzler too, likely longer actually. I was never a fan of the all you can eat salad bar. I do remember the cheese toast and all potato skins were a big thing, even as a teenager. We went through a phase at home where we would cook cheese toast on the BBQ hotplate whenever we were doing steaks on the grill.

WSM 18' Smoker (since Christmas 2019 = certified "L" Plater) / Everdure Cube / Gas 4 burner / Metters' Dover No. 7 Wood Stove

• I went once. More than 20 years ago and never again..

Jumbuck 7 burner with hood. Baby Weber kettle. 52" Kettle. Weber Go Anywhere. 5' SS Spit rotisserie. Offset smoker and a Akorn Kamado. :)

• It was the fanciest place in Perth to take a date in the 90s :D

We went a lot as a family when I first moved here from the UK and then in high school it became a popular spot for my friends and I for some reason.

Hadn't been in years then moved near the one in Morley and decided to relive some 90s nostalgia and took my wife there, who had never been... It was like stepping in to a time warp and after eating the food I realised it's best to leave some things in the past :|

• Yeah I went a bit in the 90's as a teenager. Was invited to a nephew's Bday party at one about 10 years ago, so definitely not a teenager anymore, and what an absolute bland fest. Couldn't believe how bad it was.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• Yeah I went a bit in the 90's as a teenager. Was invited to a nephew's Bday party at one about 10 years ago, so definitely not a teenager anymore, and what an absolute bland fest. Couldn't believe how bad it was.

I'm sure it got worse and it wasn't that bad in the 90s :D

• Same chain as here I wonder? Would have been probably have been 10-15 years since I have been. Malibu Chicken, never did try it!

What is best in life? "To crush your BBQ opponents, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!