The celebration of the festival of Wazza

• AKA my birthday cook.

Why did I call my birthday cook 'The celebration of the festival of Wazza'? Because is causes my wife to roll her eyes at me.

So, I have a CG tommahawk, a slab of lamb ribs, and now this bad boy.

The Beef Shed in Malaga have pork ribs for $8.99 kg. Most are shiners, but if you get there just after they have been re-stocked like I did I was able to find a few with a decent layer of meat.

While not my actual birthday day, I'm not working Monday so I will spend the day happily enjoying my own company (until the kids get home) with a few beers nursing the BBQ.

More to follow. I'm also thinking of adding something else to the menu, so if you have any suggestions, please share.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• Abt's and a spicy sausage for nibbles :yum)

Abt's for sure, that will be my snack through the day, and the boys will want spicy sausage. Just not sure I'll have time to make them, anyone know where to buy some good ones?

Anyone tried the Costco ones?

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• Happy Birthday Wazza I like your plan for Monday. Please also post pic's of the CG tommahawk, a slab of lamb ribs. Yum!

WSM 18' Smoker (since Christmas 2019 = certified "L" Plater) / Everdure Cube / Gas 4 burner / Metters' Dover No. 7 Wood Stove

• a slab of lamb ribs. Yum!

It's more a small slab of offcuts. I thought I had another mutton slab of ribs, but didn't, but did have this lot, so it will have to do.

• Spudshed have some good chilli kranskis in their deli section, smoke up a treat. If you have a Fussy meats in the area their spicy Itallian is damn good too. Even raw chorizo is worth smoking,

• Anyone tried the Costco ones?

Do love their cheese & Jalapeno snags.....come up a treat with a little smoke.......and sure do have a bite to them!

Ohhh and A Happy Birthday....:cheers::cheers:

Ziggy Trpl. ....Z Grill 700E.....Aldi/Masterbuilt & Camp Chef Gassers... Camp Chef cast iron.....Thermoworks Smoke.....ASmoke Grill.300.

• So I completely stuffed up my question above, I was actually asking about jalapeno poppers and where to buy, are the Costco ones any good. I just mentioned the snags in the wrong spot and it completely stuffed up the question.

So.....

Where can I buy good poppers?

• I usually just make them myself.

Cut Jalepenos in half and clean out seeds and ribs to get rid of the heat. Unless of course you like heat then don't bother.

Cream cheese, cheddar, garlic and BBQ rub as stuffing. No real measurements just to taste.

Wrap in bacon and into smoker.

I get Jalepenos from fruit store generally and I find if you can get thin cut bacon that works better.

Enjoy your "Q"
    James

Primo XL, GMG Davy Crockett, Akorn Jr and Ziggy Portable.

• I have always considered an ABT's & a popper different. Poppers are whole, stuffed, coated and deep fried. ABT's are halved, seeded, stuffed, wrapped in bacon and cooked in oven or pit. Not the same there?

What is best in life? "To crush your BBQ opponents, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."

• I have always considered an ABT's & a popper different. Poppers are whole, stuffed, coated and deep fried. ABT's are halved, seeded, stuffed, wrapped in bacon and cooked in oven or pit. Not the same there?

I always considered it the same too, and most restaurants you go that have poppers on the menu are of the deep fired variety.

However... it seems more people are starting to call ABTs poppers. I have been seeing a few butchers doing this in their display cabinets lately... I guess because they don't want to write Atomic Buffalo Turd as the name isn't as widely known here and would probably require constant explaining to customers :D

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!