$50 hibachi at Coles

• Yep, also grabbed one. Mines my birthday present so have to wait a little bit longer.

weber performer, weber compact with gas conversion, napoleon rodeo, pro q 20", PBC, ziggy portable, ozpig with rotisserie, pro smoke offset, pit boss mini kamado, asmoke portable, master built 560.

• Guess who's lovely wife bought her husband 1 of these for Xmas... She's a good girl that wife of mine. Got me charcoal and 2 spare cooking grates too. What should i cook for a test run on it, and should I be buying a chimney to start the charcoal?

Ziggy Twin Burner - GMG Daniel Boone - Hibachi

• They only need small bits of charcoal or maybe even some Kingsford briquettes would be good since they are smaller than heat beads. I use what's left in the bottom of the Big Green Egg but if you don't have that option, try a box of charcoal from Bunnings and break the chunks up.

To light them, I just put the fuel in one side about 2/3 full and hit it with a Looftlighter. A couple of Samba firelighter blocks would do it too.

You don't need a lot of fuel so a chimney isn't necessary. Once it's lit, just top it up as required. I like the idea of using one side at a time so you have somewhere to move the cooked food to and still keep it warm.

What to cook ? Almost anything you like. A skewer of prawns or maybe just some small cubes of beef would be a good start.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• I used a chimney the other night when I used it for the first time, only about 1/3 full though. Not sure I'd buy one specifically for this though, give gumb's method a go.

I cooked for 10 the other night, everything on a skewer, marinated rump cut thin, prawns, chicken thighs done a couple of ways, mid joint chicken wings and a selection of vegies. I went very much with a Japanese theme / flavours.

I think the key is your prep. Get everything prepped then you can sit around relaxing and cooking, eating directly off the grill. It's good fun.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• Just on the fuel again, I think Kingsfords would be a problem for a long night's cooking. They create a lot of ash and would be OK for a short time but after that, no.

One thing about lighting with a looft (or any heat gun), it creates a lot of air and that makes sparks. You need goggles on if you do that. Another option is a cheap blow torch which attaches to those disposable gas cans, again, available at Bunnings. That would light it up without the hurricane wind of the other method.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• my vote for what to cook... chicken skewers with Marions kitchen spicy thai satay. Wollies sells it

Have not tried that one, how spicy is it? Fussy daughter spicy?

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• The day has arrived. Looking forward to using it and a bit of cash to blow on some other stuff!

weber performer, weber compact with gas conversion, napoleon rodeo, pro q 20", PBC, ziggy portable, ozpig with rotisserie, pro smoke offset, pit boss mini kamado, asmoke portable, master built 560.

• I justify it by saying that I can cook on them all at once if I wanted to. My mate has 20 guitars and he can't play all of them at once!

I also offloaded my Fornetto bullet!

• I was thinking of using robot turds for mine and probable use the chimney because I can light that on the gasser wok burner.

Jumbuck 7 burner with hood. Baby Weber kettle. 52" Kettle. Weber Go Anywhere. 5' SS Spit rotisserie. Offset smoker. Akorn Kamado. :) ASMOKE AS500N. Hibachi.:bbq:

• Robot turds are too big I reckon unless you break them up a lot. Small bits are better and lump would be easier and light faster. I don't think you need the long burn time you get with the turds, it's easier to just keep topping it up and that keeps the fire down lower, or higher if you add more, depending on what you are cooking.

Biggest issue for me is that the food tends to stick on the thinner grill that comes with it but a grill with thicker bars blocks the direct heat to some extent. Just play around with it and you'll work out your own method.

• BUMP........

Spotted them back at my local Coles, same price - $49.99. Had mine close to a year, love it, happy to recommend, grab one (or more) at this price while you can.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!