Asmoke - barrel style grill

• TADAA!

Here she is.

I'm impressed. Assembly was easy, it's solid and comes with a cover, gloves and a few other goodies.

I did the burn in for 45min then played with it a little. Temp maxed out at 300c, later that evening I revers seared some Porterhouse steaks at 80c till 52c IT. Took them off and opened up the deflector and within minutes she was roaring at 260c. I am really impressed with it's performance so far.

Jumbuck 7 burner with hood. Baby Weber kettle. 52" Kettle. Weber Go Anywhere. 5' SS Spit rotisserie. Offset smoker. Akorn Kamado. :) ASMOKE AS500N. Hibachi.:bbq:

• Very nice, I've put this in a new thread so we can see more of what you are coking with it and get some feedback as we go.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• I wanted to show off my best pork ribs I've done so far, and I will but I thought I should give an update to owning this pellet pooper.

GREAT..

I'm going to make some comparisons to the Traeger 22 because my son in-law had just received one for his B'Day late November.

They are similar size and price. $100.00 difference at the time.

To be honest I have had no problems with this cooker. I've had some learning to do but no real problems.

I have had to learn that a hand held vacuum cleaner is a necessary BBq tool... Glad I already had one. It's a good idea to keep an eye on the pellet hopper if it's not completely full as it can get a gap in the pellets feeding the auger. And I've had to learn start up and shut down procedures.

The significant differences between the two is a Prime button. Faster start up time for the ASMOKE because you can prime pellets onto the igniter rod. We both have had a backward burn up the auger due to not removing ash, and this is an easy solution for the the ASMOKE due to the prime option. Also if you need to open the lid for some reason, using the prime button can help keep your temp up.

I have reached a high temp of 300c but the Traeger struggles to get past 180c. I must include that the Traeger has lost part of the number display and the ASMOKE has a colour display with lots of information which is bright and clear.

That's it so far and I'm very happy with Santa for choosing it.

RIBS,

110c. Meatheads Memphis rub with Maple pellets for 2hrs. Wrapped 2hrs. Unwrapped and glazed with Sweet Baby Rays for 1hr.

By far the best ribs I have ever done and I'm going to put it down to the consistency of the smoker.

Jumbuck 7 burner with hood. Baby Weber kettle. 52" Kettle. Weber Go Anywhere. 5' SS Spit rotisserie. Offset smoker. Akorn Kamado. :) ASMOKE AS500N. Hibachi.:bbq:

• Great review on the new smoker and the ribs, well they are just ......:drool:

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• Poor pic of the control panel sorry but thought i would share.

Skirt steak and stuffed mushrooms.

• Although I have cook many things so far on this great Que I thought I would share this one.

The ASMOKE up to temp in a matter of minutes.

Salt and Pepper because salt loves meat & meat loves salt...

It's a neat fit.

Smoked away for about an hour and a half till an internal temp of 45c then removed to crank up the grill..

Look at this thing go. :) I love it..

• Just how I like mine done ! Great result.

• Was that a quote from Ritcho, secret meat business?

That steak would do me any night of the week, looks great.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• I came across a bargain a couple of weeks ago and couldn't resist picking up a nearly 5kg Brisket for $10.99 per kilo. I had no idea when I was going to cook it but it was suggested that Mothers Day would be appropriate because the kids will be home. I was pretty keen as I wanted to try the Tallow trick.

I trimmed it down Saturday lunch time and put all the fat trim into my cast iron pot with the lid on and into the oven @110c. A few hours later I had my Tallow.

11pm I rubbed tallow over the meat as a binder for the Flaming Coals Bovine Espresso rub. 12am into the ASMOKE 500 @110c

5am I checked the progress and decided to wrap. So, more Tallow over the meat and butchers paper wrapped up nice and tight and back in.

I did a quick check on the pellets and was very impressed how little it had used.

9am and it was done. Probing very soft. Wrapped up in towels and blankets into the esky for what ended up 4 hours latter.

Really impressed and this how I will doing Brisket from now on.

• Official Post

Not really the wrong spot. Your main question was pizza and my view is that any gas BBQ, pellet cooker etc can do them but it's a compromise because the heat is coming from below and not above like in a dedicated pizza oven. I'm not saying it can't be done but it's not the same as genuine 2 minute wood fired pizza.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!