What are you cooking - January

• Almost forgot....thanks for the reminder yakabot

(feel free to repost yours in here)

A new thread for a new year, usual rules, 3 pics max per post, one post per cook.

More detailed posts of what you are cooking and how you did it are very much encouraged in the Livestock/Airbourne/Aquatic sections so feel free to start a new thread in there if you have more info to share.

Big Green Egg - aSmoke Grill - Weber Kettle - GMG Davy Crockett - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller

• Ahhh... yes it is a new Month....just in time for tonight's cook!:thumbup:

Honey/Garlic Hoi Sin chicken wings on the Asmoke with some duck fat spuds & a lentil as anything salad.:bbq:

Ziggy Trpl. ....Z Grill 700E.....Aldi/Masterbuilt & Camp Chef Gassers... Camp Chef cast iron.....Thermoworks Smoke.....ASmoke Grill.300....Masterbuilt 560.

• Pork ribs smoke with Maple pellets.

Jumbuck 7 burner with hood. Baby Weber kettle. 52" Kettle. Weber Go Anywhere. 5' SS Spit rotisserie. Offset smoker. Akorn Kamado. :) ASMOKE AS500N. Hibachi.:bbq:

• Had to go to my niece's for lunch yesterday and she specifically asked for pulled pork.

This is a 1.8kg pork neck (scotch) with Oakridge rub, cooked in the GMG Davy Crockett at 225 for about 7 hours, them wrapped in butcher's paper and put back in at 250 for a couple of hours until it hit 93c internal. Rested for an hour and pulled.

It was cooked the day before we went so I vac sealed it after pulling and stuck it in the fridge overnight. Reheated the next day at their place with my sous vide wand at 60c and served on brioche buns topped with some BBQ sauce and home made slaw..

Big Green Egg - aSmoke Grill - Weber Kettle - GMG Davy Crockett - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller

• My butcher is closed until the 11th so got the wife to grab some ribs from Coles. Asked her to get short ribs but she grabbed spare by mistake. Must say a great mistake! These turned out so good, kids loved them and we have plenty of leftovers.

weber performer, weber compact with gas conversion, napoleon rodeo, pro q 20", PBC, ziggy portable, ozpig with rotisserie, pro smoke offset, pit boss mini kamado, asmoke portable, master built 560.

• Coles sell ribs like those? Wow. As to all the pics after mine, no wonder I don't post pics much. You people put my cooks to shame.

Coles ribs look great, pulled pork looks the goods, and the Captain's ribs could start a cult.

GMG DB, small Weber kettle. That's it. It's all I have left now. ;(

• These are the Beef Back Ribs that came off the 2 Rib Roasts bought right before Christmas. Took them to an internal temperature of 210°. They were Marvelous! Cooked on the Memphis Pro with 100% hardwood!

Q5rOQvRh.jpg

xGHF82sh.jpg

What is best in life? "To crush your BBQ opponents, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."

• Coles sell ribs like those?

Yep...so to woolies......if you look around & know what to look for you can pick up good quality meat from the major players at times.....others will disagree I know

The pork ribs I saw in Woolies at the weekend almost tempted me to grab some....they were that good....only problem is I have little freezer room ATM & I just grabbed 3 racks from Costco recently.

Ziggy Trpl. ....Z Grill 700E.....Aldi/Masterbuilt & Camp Chef Gassers... Camp Chef cast iron.....Thermoworks Smoke.....ASmoke Grill.300....Masterbuilt 560.

• The beef back ribs at Coles are pretty good, sometimes you just need to rummage through them to find the meatiest ones. I'd still love to get the massive back ribs I've seen people in the states cooking.

Pizza in the GMG pizza attachment for dinner last night.

Royal Kamado, Primo Oval XL, Akorn jr, GMG Daniel Boone and Pit Barrel Cooker

• Slow roasted lamb for the in-laws. Mrs sea's Mum likes it very very well done so this works. Gravy produced en-route underneath and some of the garden appears to have escaped and was growing on the lamb ;):D

~ Kamado Joe ~ Weber Smokey Joe ~ Weber Baby Q ~

• Nothing flash or exciting but roast chicken in the BGE is sdo easy to do and it's one I always recommend for people new to cooking over charcoal to start with. The results are excellent, providing you buy the right chook. ;)

No extra pics, you all know what a cut up chicken looks like on a plate. :)

• Giving the Masterbuilt 560 it's first cook with a roast chook & some vegies.

This is a great bit of kit.

Bloody marvelous meal....:bbq::yum)if I do say!!

As you can also see the temperature control is pretty bloody good.:thumbup:

• Butterfly leg of lamb on the gasser tonight. Rubbed down with Emu's finest. Usually do one every week or so in summer but haven't done one for a while as I was 'practicing' doing a ham on the WSM last month in preparation for Christmas.

WSM 18' Smoker (since Christmas 2019 = certified "L" Plater) / Everdure Cube / Gas 4 burner / Metters' Dover No. 7 Wood Stove

• Since the BGE was already running and the wife wanted pizza, I decided not to fire up the Maximus and did them in there. Just got the pit up to 230-240c and cooked them on trays, with a short burst on the pizza stone. It's been a long time since I did them in a kamado but they came out great. Not as good as if they were done in the Maximus, but still very good.

Good colour on the base and the cheese on top had browned so it was very even all round. Cooking time about 15 mins.

• Slowly becoming my favorite Seafood. They were delicious for previously frozen, but it appears that Costco does not sell one bad product!

E4suQish.jpg

What is best in life? "To crush your BBQ opponents, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!