Primo in Mont Albert Vic.

• Jimmy70 January 10, 2021 at 9:28 PM

Changed the title of the thread from “Primo XL in Mt Albert Vic.” to “Primo in Mt Albert Vic.”.
  • But how much ? Ads with no price usually mean too dear.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• I just sent a low ball offer of 1200 ,

No idea how I would pick it up but see what they come back with. 8o

Never enough BBQ

Primo XL, Imperial Kamado, Pro Smoke Offest, Pot belly stove, Flaming coals Spit , Jumbuck 'Rondo' Med spit, Webber Kettles, Small SS battery spit , 5 Burner beefmaster, gasmate portable bbq,

• This is worth watching, particularly from the 5.20 mark.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Can you guess the other models ?

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• That was one of the main reasons I actually bought a Primo the other was the Oval shape and dual zone cooking.

George has sold the business now but product is still the same apart from some upgrades coming.

https://www.primogrill.com/launch/

On this unit if it is an XL $1650 max. Brand new that setup is $3,500.

I love mine and it's so easy to use.

CarpeSmoke has one as well and will attest to their quality etc...

Kookabanus has one as well.

Enjoy your "Q"
    James

Primo XL, GMG Davy Crockett, Char-Broil Grill2go, Akorn Jr and Weber Baby Q.

• Bloody tempting, even though I'm very happy with the BGE. It looks like they've hardy used it.

• Look at the upgrades coming in my post above as well.

Will be a great Roti when it comes out due to shape.

New owners are Broilmaster see below:

https://www.hearthandhome.com/news/2019-10-1…mic_grills.html

I am friends with Nick Bauer CEO (part of family who owns it) on Instagram and have even had a personal chat with him over the net. He / they don't want to change the product only make it better.

Importer here is Casey Cordero who lives in Noosa but there is a specific dealer for Vic I believe.

The other models are easy to guess.

He even gives credit to the BGE.

Enjoy your "Q"
    James

• BBQbushy When the borders open up a bit I’ll be heading into Vic to watch my dog run so I might be able to bring it back for you ;) ;). It will be a boys trip though so definitely can’t guarantee what state we’ll be in when loading it up!

weber performer, weber compact with gas conversion, napoleon rodeo, pro q 20", PBC, ziggy portable, ozpig with rotisserie, pro smoke offset, pit boss mini kamado, asmoke portable, master built 560.

• Ok a couple of things about these Grills and thinking some more about this.

Hinge is an issue and lids are heavy. This is being fixed with upgrades coming although I have been unable to confirm it can be retrofitted. I would think it would be.

Lid will be 70% lighter apparently.

Age of grill is usually date stamped into ceramic on the inside of lid.

There should be a couple of vertical pieces (one either side) of metal on the bottom band attaching it to the ceramic just below the handle and bolts on the top band. It is not on this grill which is a concern. The bands can come away from the base and this is what Primo did to counter the issue. You can see the holes are there but no vertical metal bands. I think it was only done on the XL's purely due to the weight of the lid. This is something that can be added I believe.

Looks something like this.

They are a great grill and I would highly recommend them to anybody.

Dealers:

https://www.primogrills.com.au/primo-dealers-australia/

Don't get carried away and look at this with eyes wide open. I am sure Kookabanus will help anybody in Melb look at it. I think he lives down that way :shrug:

Enjoy your "Q"
    James

• Gumb January 11, 2021 at 6:56 AM

Changed the title of the thread from “Primo in Mt Albert Vic.” to “Primo in Mont Albert Vic.”.
  • Ok so offered 1200 and its mine, now just got to work out the logistics of getting it back to the ACT.

Thanks Bruckster I will see what comes of it.

Anybody on SFF thats near Mont Albert that may be able to inspect for me before I hand the cash over?

Never enough BBQ

Primo XL, Imperial Kamado, Pro Smoke Offest, Pot belly stove, Flaming coals Spit , Jumbuck 'Rondo' Med spit, Webber Kettles, Small SS battery spit , 5 Burner beefmaster, gasmate portable bbq,

• Wow, that was quick. Good price too.

I could go and have a look for you. It's about 30klms from me.

• Yep got a reply first thing this morning saying Yes will sell.

Damn shoulda offered 1000 ;(

Sent them a msg asking a few more questions, why selling and any cracks anywhere and when I have to collect it by??? Haven't heard back yet.

Thanks Gumb I will let you know when I hear back. :thumbup::thumbup:

Never enough BBQ

• The picture of the booklet they have says XL. But I can't see any of the extras like the split deflector plate for example.

• Have just asked what size ,,

Few more photos she sent me

Never enough BBQ

• OK, so I didn't read the ad properly and assumed those pics were of hers but the open lid pic was one from the Primo site. No wonder it looked unused.

This one however looks like it's well and truly used. I'm not sure about the grate, the bars are a long way apart for one thing. No deflector plates ?

This isn't looking like a bargain anymore, maybe not even a good buy.

• They are what they call the drop pan racks. They hold the D shape deflectors.

That's what I was chasing from Nedlands in a recent post which Dave1985 helped me out with.

Has divider for firebox so that's good. Needs to have deflectors otherwise you will have to purchase separately.

Firebox in those pics looks ok they are $280 to replace but not necessary unless firebox is completely broken in 2. I still cook with mine with a big crack in it.

Even if it is the Large model that's an OK price.

My only concern is the side tabs I referred to. As you can see there is no ceramic lip to stop the bottom band pulling away when you lift the 20kg approx lid. That's why they put the tabs on them.

I am happy to give Casey Cordero a call and send him the photos. His mobile no is on the website. He has helped me before. I will Ask him about the tabs and whether you can aftermarket do them. I think you can you will just need to drill into the ceramic base that's all. Other alternative is to take the risk of the lid coming away.

I need to ask him about the Hinge upgrade anyway.

If you want me to do that for you let me know.

Enjoy your "Q"
    James

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!