Chicken Jerky on the Pit Boss

• Had a couple of leftover chicken fillets that looked like they were going to end up in the bin. Froze them for half an hour or so to make them easier to handle, sliced thin and onto the Pit Boss to make chicken jerky for the doggo. 80c for about 4 hrs. Turned out pretty well, and he loooooves them!

Pit Boss Navigator 850, Jackaroo Grange 4-burner gas :bbq:

• Did you taste it for your self ??

Never enough BBQ

Primo XL, Imperial Kamado, Pro Smoke Offest, Pot belly stove, Flaming coals Spit , Jumbuck 'Rondo' Med spit, Webber Kettles, Small SS battery spit , 5 Burner beefmaster, gasmate portable bbq,

• Chicken was getting on a bit - thought I might save that for next time!

Also, no flavours or salt added, just plain chicken. Planning some beef jerky next. That'll be for me!

• I don't know if it needs to be refrigerated or not. I guess if it's dry enough it shouldn't need it, but I put it in the fridge anyway just to be on the safe side. I don't think it's going to last all that long anyway!

• I thought the same thing. Shop bought ones can't be all that great for him! They also pretty much just break up and are gone in a second (with my greedy boy anyway). He gets a good minute or two chew out of these. Certainly be doing them again. Heaps cheaper too.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!