How did you "Win" today?

• Go to a Dr, tell him you have a crook guts and the associated problem that goes with that. Say you think it's a viral 24 to 48 hour thing as it's made it's way through the family but you need a cert for work.

Send through the cert and claim sick leave for your last 1 or 2 days depending on how long he gives you. That will give them the shits.

Sadly I don't have any sick leave up my sleeve, or should that be "happily" I've used it all up before the redundancy came about. :saint:

Still have until May 5th that I need to suck up and get on with things, lets just say I won't really train said manager up all that well, some "trade secrets" might just be left unspoken.

• my work was advertising for a new editor based out of our London office. Didn't think I'd get it as I don't intend to move back to the UK any time soon but threw my hat in the ring anyway.

Somehow I got the job and they are letting me fill the role from Perth on the agreement that I will occasionally have odd hours as I'll need to coordinate with staff in our main office in London as well as our staff in the Americas and other parts of Asia and Oceania.

Also means that if the world ever opens back up again I'll likely be doing a bit more travel than I did pre-Covid.

• Official Post

my work was advertising for a new editor based out of our London office. Didn't think I'd get it as I don't intend to move back to the UK any time soon but threw my hat in the ring anyway.

Somehow I got the job and they are letting me fill the role from Perth on the agreement that I will occasionally have odd hours as I'll need to coordinate with staff in our main office in London as well as our staff in the Americas and other parts of Asia and Oceania.

Also means that if the world ever opens back up again I'll likely be doing a bit more travel than I did pre-Covid.

Great stuff Josh. Pleased for you mate.

• Least it sounds like a thinking business!

Had my "win" today when my Op manager told me I'm due to start training up the newbie taking my role tomorrow morning. And training from scratch as she's got no experience in a despatch role or our ancient computer systems.

"Sweet boss, give me 3-4 months and I'll have her up to speed"

The look on his face as he knows I've got exactly 16 hours of work left before I walk out the door. :D

• OH&S would never let them send you to UK or US right now.

There would be nothing stopping me from relocating to the UK office assuming I could get an exemption, which would be extremely unlikely. But even if I could get an exemption, I told them I currently have no desire to relocate to the UK, even if this whole Covid mess gets cleared up. I'll see how long it takes for me to get annoyed with 10pm editorial meetings between the London and Houston offices though ^^

• Car had a bit of a squeal from the front. Was very worried it was a wheel bearing, as I don't have the tools to replace that.

Turns out the brake pads have a wear indicator that rubs on the rotor when it's ready to change.

So $55 later, and doing it in shifts because of the passing rain showers, all done.

Pads were in the car when I bought it, so don't know how old they were.

But I got 6 years and 80 thousand Kay's from them. Very happy with that.

GMG DB, small Weber kettle. That's it. It's all I have left now. ;(

• someone on the local community page was giving away a set of Global knives as they'd been putting them in the dishwasher and they have some rust spots. I think they should still clean up alright.

Generally sell for between $350 and $400 so I think it's a bit if a win for a freebie... if I get round to cleaning them up :/ :D

• They'll clean up no worries. Good knives, I've had one for 25 years and it's like a razor after two passes with a stone

Nice. I checked out one or two and they are still really sharp. I just think they look a bit ragged after a few trips in the dishwasher...

Which also leads me to the following PSA... please don't put your good knives in the dishwasher...

• Great score - I’ve got the same set - they will clean up fine and stay sharp for many a year if well looked after ,

ie : don’t let the wife near them 😬

Never enough BBQ

Primo XL, Imperial Kamado, Pro Smoke Offest, Pot belly stove, Flaming coals Spit , Jumbuck 'Rondo' Med spit, Webber Kettles, Small SS battery spit , 5 Burner beefmaster, gasmate portable bbq,

• Wazza you posted this 5th Feb 2021. Didnt age well 🤣🤣

LOL, still not in lockdown, and my isolation is over...... yeah still not winning now, seems masks are going to be long term.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!