Swordfish on the Asmoke

• Really loving this little pellet grill and tonight we decided on some white fish. The local supermarket has fresh Aussie fish so I got a couple of swordfish fillets and fired up the Asmoke to 176c. Veggies cut in to large chip sizes, par boiled, coated in duck fat and placed on the upper rack to brown.

The deflector was open so we could get some char on the outside of the fish and then closed to finish it off. Very nice I must say.

Big Green Egg - aSmoke Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller

• I don’t use mine often enough but they are a great little grill.

The food looks great!

weber performer, weber compact with gas conversion, napoleon rodeo, pro q 20", PBC, ziggy portable, ozpig with rotisserie, pro smoke offset, pit boss mini kamado, asmoke portable, master built 560.

• It behaves perfectly now, apart from one issue where it seemed to get a bit off track. Now it hold temp really well and is very easy to cook on.

I think I might sell the DC as I don't really use it much and I could do with the space on the deck.

Big Green Egg - aSmoke Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller

• Do you ever take the DC camping?

That fish looks great. Have you tried reverse searing the fish?

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!