• Kristin is trying a keto diet, she is not adhering completely, but she is doing better then I would be able to.. I made a Keto recipe for a bread. A very interesting bread. 7 eggs, so it smelled like French Toast as it came out of the oven. A texture that slightly resembled corn bread. Good taste. Very small as you can see, only baking powder for leavening. I made a little triple decker bologna sandwich. I guarantee if I had not had bread or a sandwich in a few weeks, I would have said it is the best sandwich I have ever had. It would be a much better used as a sweet bread. Make muffins with fruit in them, or some such.

She ordered Milled Flax Seed, Natural Oat Fiber & Vital Wheat Gluten off Amazon today. Going to try and make the loaf that a guy on youtube recommends. Will be very interested to see how it goes.

"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

• This was the latest low carb bread I cooked for Kristin. The entire loaf has 36g of carbohydrates, not sure what a regular loaf of bread has. Kind of tasteless, but if I had not had bread or a sandwich in a few weeks and they said you can have this, I would eat it! Gonna make some and Kristin is going to try and use it for pizza dough.

• You are going to have to educate me Bentley Meredith , I presume keto bread is low carb? What makes it low carb? Is it the type of flour?

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• Again, not Keto, but some of the best loaf and Hoagie rolls I have ever made.

Was looking at what ingredients were in Wonder Bread (a lot more then I thought) online and somehow came to "another" white bread recipe. Since I had seen that Wonder Bread had both Oat Fiber and Vital Wheat Gluten in it. And being as how I had both of those in the house I decided to replace 2 cups of the AP with a cup of each. Softest and closet texture to Wonder Bread I have ever made. Made a double batch and still had 450g left for just about a perfect Pullman pan loaf!

I made the recipe cuz I needed rolls for a Cheese Steak after the meeting tonight. I think they maybe to soft for a Cheese Steak.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!